Why does EMClient take sooo much memory?

Hello. I am using Emclient because it is a very very friedly software AND primarily because my laptop hardware is very weak. For example, I only have 2GB of RAM. That is why I don’t use any UWP software including windows mail, calendar, people. But the problem is that EMclient eats up very much memory - 130-200 MBs. It is too much for one program. 

Some more info:
Windows 10 1809
Outlook account in EM client
10-15 mails a day 
5-10 entries in calendar per month
Not more than 50 contacts
Don’t use any other modules (tasks, etc) of EM

Is there any way to reduce the memory consuption of EM? I suppose I need to keep it running to get notifications from calendar and e-mail, right?

Do you use IMAP? it is function that takes lots of memory.
Have a look in your process manager to identify the number of MailClienbt process with their memory usage.

Hello. I chose preconfigured “Outlook” option when I configured my account. Maybe EMclient uses IMAP for this type? There are 2 proccess. One takes about 110-140, the other one takes upto 50Mbs. 

Do you recommend to use another protocol? POP3? 

Hi Paulpss,

The operation memory consumption is usually in this scale. Minimizing the app to tray lowers the memory usage slightly. You can set it in Menu > Tools > Settings > General.

The CPU consumption might get higher during the general sync. Please check the Sync interval in Menu > Tools > Settings > General. We advise to keep the period on 10 min.

Russel

Actually, I have noted that eM Client generally uses less memory than other email programs.

2 GB is just not enough RAM to run windows efficiently.  I’m surprised you can run any program without a ton of swapping.  Get more RAM and EVERYTHING will run much faster.

I also have an issue with this, Outlook 2016 (with imap) only takes around 100MB memory, eM Client (with imap) takes around 300MB memory!

I don’t think. there is anything to worry about.
See the attached screenshot. I have 5 accounts (1 exchange, 4 IMAP). I opened eM Client, Outlook (which I have as part of Office 365) and Thunderbird (which I just installed for this comparison). In each of the email clients I opened the same html mail (with external content shown). Just to show, how even the most RAM-hungry email client (Thunderbird) still is nothing to cry about, I opened a raw file in Affinity Photo.
Actually eM Client uses the least memory. (ok, I have 16GB RAM).

I do have 1 Outlook account and 1 IMAP account (with lots of folders) and get the following status
When closing eMClient, the second instance vanishes immediatly but the first one (heavy one) needs about 1 minute to disapear: when simply switching off the PC, no time to finish operation and next start has a database check.

When I’m connected without access to IMAP server, there is not such a behaviour, the closing is quick and next restart without check.

What you describe (slow shutdown) was an issue that eM Client had some versions ago. It was corrected in one of the latest versions: at least I have nerver had that for months. Are you using the latest version (7.2.34666)?  From looking at your screenshot, I wonder what OS you are using.
Back to the main topic, I don’t think 320 MB RAM usage is exessive.

I use version 7.2.34137.0 on W7 Pro
Please provide the link to the last version to make a test (auto update version shows nothing new)

As of today. there is even a newer version 7.2.34711
You can download the latest versions here:
https://www.emclient.com/release-history

Actually it’s reserved ram that reduces constantly while eM Client is sitting in your taskbar.  Only when you open it does full ram usage come into affect.

When you close your session, the free operation for this large amount of ram is too long according to windows timing, even if the application is “reduced in taskbar”

first try at power on this morning: the shutdown of application v 7.2.34711 is immediate (starting with 200Mb process).
To be confirmed after a day of work.

after 1 full day of work, result is not OK :frowning:
Starting with
closing application takes 6:30 (yes 6 minutes!) to close the biggest process…
There is no other load on the machine

Additional remark: I’ve seen a peak from 25% to 35% a few seconds before effective closing of the process, while it was 23-25% before.