White Area on top with no Menus

I have just downloaded and installed the latest version of EM client. I cannot do much when the program opens. At the top of the application is a white band across the top and I have no access to any menus. I have restarted EM Client several times with no change.

When I try and click on the white area, it selects whatever is behind it (desktop, other applications, etc.)

NOTE: I did not crop out the white area at the top of the image.

One thing you can try is to uninstall eM Client, making sure NOT to delete the database directory when asked. Then download and install the latest version from the Release History again. See if that makes any difference.

Just did what you mentioned. eM Client is doing the same thing (white bar at top without menus)…no change.

Can you share with us something about the system you are using to run eMC? Remember, the more info the better!

Dell XPS desktop
Windows 10 Pro v19041.63
i7-4790 @3.60Ghz
16 GB RAM
Two 1920 x 1080 monitors

@sunriseal wasn’t there some issues before with dual monitors?

That is exactly what I thought of after he posted, but can’t find anything and my memory is not up to par.

I don’t use dual monitors and know even less about them… but perhaps we can suggest that he try running on 1 monitor by pointing eMC to ONE? If that is even possible or how to convey that correctly.

I am only using EM on one monitor. I can’t even say I am using EM as I have no menus.

But you are using two monitors. I thought I had read previously that there were some issues with the eM Client interface when used on a dual monitor setup. Anyway, I can’t find the thread either, so maybe I was mistaken.

I found the following that comes close to what you are experiencing. Perhaps some of the responses can be of some help and/or give some ideas to pursue.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_general/white-bar-covering-the-top-portion-of-my-main/d30b1464-24b2-4fe5-ba98-23f37eb3854e?auth=1

That’s interesting Al. eM Client uses the Chromium Embedded Framework (CEF) for the screen render, so maybe the F11 fix will work. Let us know @Neon1.

Yes it got my attention, including the driver part… I decided to search on the problem without including eMC in the search criteria as I keep thinking this is a non-eMC problem.

OK, I installed EM for the 3rd time. This time it started without the white section at the top…but also started in a non-full screen view. When I maximized the application. I got the white area at the top and could no longer see the menus, etc.

I went to the Microsoft page as suggested by a member here, and used solution #1 (see below).

Method 1: Change the Resolution setting.

• Press Windows & I key together on your keyboard to open Windows Settings and select System.
  • Click Display to open display settings.
  • Under Resolution section, select different smaller resolution and apply it.
  • Now revert it back to normal resolution settings.

For now, all appears to be working. Thanks all for your help!!

2 Likes

Good news… Glad to hear it is working.