Where is the data in the Local Folders stores? I want to back them up, but can't locate them.

I am experimenting with moving from Outlook to EM Client. I use IMAP in both programs, copying emails to a data file for storage and backup. I have looked in a variety of places to discover where the Local Folders and their data might be stored, but can’t find it. I right clicked on Local Folders and the location was given as Local Folders/. This doesn’t help. If you would explain where they are and how to back them up, I would appreciate it. Thanks

All your data are saved in one database folder which is by default located here:
C:\Users%Current User%\AppData\Roaming\eM Client (Vista/Win7)
C:\Documents and Settings%Current User%\Application Data\eM Client (XP)

Does the data include email messages from all local folders?  If so, and that data is copied/exported/backed up to a portable drive, how are the folders and their emails identified and can the emails be opened individually from that drive to read (such as how .eml files can)?

The data files of eM Client contain all e-mails, so also of your local folders.

You can not identify the separate e-mails in this database.

If you want your e-mails to be stored as individual .EML files, you will have to use the File > Export function of eM Client.

Very helpful. Thank you!