Where do downloaded mails get stored ?

Just started using the product, its very nice. I enabled it to download mail as well so I can use it off line, however its spent days downloading it never stops with my computer busying away all day and night ! I got fed up with the message always there so disabled it now and it just does synch. However now my in-box is not downloaded so I could not look through that up to date off line. Question - Where does the product store the downloaded files, ie there must be a huge chunk of space taken up with what I downloaded already that I would like to remove. It was my sent files doing it. Can you help please ? I have Windows 7 Pro.

Hello,

eM Client stores all data in folder “eM Client” which is located here
C:\Users\current user\AppData\Roaming

if you can’t see “appData” folder you can enable it by writing to start menu “show hidden folders” and clicking on result and then enabling it.

Anyway do you use POP3 or IMAP? If IMAP you can disable “Download messages for offline use” in Tools - Accounts - your account - IMAP tab and offline section.

regards
Jan

DearJohn, I have IMAP for my gmail , will i be able to view messages offline even if i have not ticked “Download messages for offline use” in Tools - Accounts - your account - IMAP tab and offline section.

Yes and no,

IMAP by default download only headers until you click on message and then it is downloaded, then it will stay available for offline view.
But messages you haven’t read will stay only as header without “download messages for offline use”

Jan.