When replying, the original email is coming as a plain text.

When I am replying some of the emails, the original email is coming as a plain text. And it does not look like  the  original email. The first screenshot is the original email and the second one is the screenshot when replying the original email.

Hi, what version of eM Client are you currently using? Does this happen with all your emails?

Can you go to Tools > Settings > Mail > Compose and check if “New mails format as:” is set to HTML?

Thank you,
Paul.

Hi Paul

Yes, it is already set to HTML. Below is the screenshot of settings window.

Regards

Evren

Hi, if you change the settings for replies to “Autodetect from original message”, does that make any difference in the behavior?
And I have to ask one more time, is this an issue with all your emails or just this particular one?

Thank you,
Paul.

Hi Paul,

It does not make any differemce, If I choose  “Autodetect from original message”.
No this is not an issue with all of my emails and also not only this particular one. This is an issue with some of the emails. I think, if some sends an email in plain text format then this issue happens.

By the way, I have 2 eMclient installations. One of them is on my desktop and other one is on my laptop. If I reply the same email on my laptop, the original email comes normal. But if I reply that email on my desktop, the original email comes like the screenshot I have sent earlier. I compared the settings on my laptop and desktop, but they are all same.

Regards

Evren

Can you please send me one of the plain text messages exported to .eml file to my email ([email protected])?
Please add a reference link to this forum topic as well.

Thank you,
Paul.

Hi Paul,

I sent you an email and attached the one of the problem emails. You will receive the email from   [email protected]

Regards 

Evren

Hi, I’ve checked the email you’ve sent me, I believe the reason why the email is formated as plain text is because the mail you’ve received is plain text formated. When replying to the email can you go to Tools > Format and select HTML to reply in HTML?

Thank you,
Paul.

Yes, I can select HTML from Tools > Format  but the original email is not coming as HTML format. I attached a screenshot showing that.

As I specified in my previous messages, I have 2 eMclient installations. One of them is on my desktop and other one is on my laptop. If I reply the same email on my laptop, the original email comes normal. But if I reply that email on my desktop, the original email comes like the screenshot I have attached.

Hi again, what version of eM Client are you currently using (on both of your computers)?

Does this issue occur only in communication between your two computers, or with different emails as well?

Thank you,
Paul.

Hi Paul

The version of eM client on both of my computers is same and it is 6.0.20154.0
I am not trying to communicate between my two computers. I have just defined same email account to both of my computers. But when replying some emails are coming in disorder in my dektop.

Regards

Evren

Can you please download and update your application to this version (http://www.emclient.com/dist/v6.0.20310/setup.msi)? Let me know if that helped your issue…

Thank you,
Paul.

Hi Paul

I installed that version but it did not solve the issue.
Can you please explain that, how can I completely remove  eM client from my desktop computer? Yesterday I uninstalled and reinstalled the eM client but it is installed with original configuration and my email account was already defined. So I want to completely uninstal and reinstall eM client and redefine my email account.

Hi you have to delete eM Client’s directory that’s located in your local folder > App Data > Roaming.

App Data is a hidden folder so in order to view it go to View > Show hidden folders, note that by deleting this folder you’ll lose any data that was in your eM Client installation.

Hope this helps,
Paul.

Hi Paul

I uninstalled eM client by deleting em client directory under Roaming several times but no luck, the problem still exist. I also copied eM client directory from my laptop to my desktop ran eM client using this new eM client directory but nothing changed.

Do you think that is there a configuration on Windows that causes this issue? Do I need to check something somewhere in Windows configuraton?

Regards.

Can you please send me an email to [email protected] , please include a reference link to this forum topic.

Thank you,
Paul.

Hi Paul

I sent you an email. The email will come from [email protected]

Regards

Evren