When EM Client opens, I always have to scroll to see Favorites

Hi,
I am test-driving EM Client and so far loving it! I have found one quirk - probably not a show-stopper… and maybe there is a way around it. I run Windows 10 and I have only 1 email account (gmail). I love seeing the Favorites on the left side and being able to put them in any order I want. I am using this as my primary method to get to folders, and I actually have 19 Favorites. However, no matter what I do, when I open EM Client, EM Client focuses on the actual folder and so every time I open EM Client I always have to scroll up to see my Favorites. This is true even if I set the initial View to show a particular Favorite (it always goes to the actual Folder). Is there any way to have the left side (Nav area) of EM Client open at the top, so that I immediately see my Favorites (without having to scroll)? Thank you!
Rex

jueves 15 septiembre 2020 :: 1807hrs (UTC +01:00)

Hi Rex…

That’s relatively easy to sort, however, I am assuming it will be the
same even though you only have 1 email account, I monitor loads.

Do this with EMC in view:

Menu -> Settings -> General -> about half way down you will see ->
Show on start up: this box needs to be set to [ Global Inbox ] ->
Click Apply & OK

That’s it!

¡Saludos desde la soleada España!

Russ

[email protected]

That is brilliant, Russ - it worked (for what I asked for)! However, I did notice that there is no Folder selected, so I don’t see any emails. Is there any way to keep showing my Favorites (per your method), but to also have the system show my Inbox emails without having to click on my “Inbox” (which also happens to be my first Favorite) whenever I open EM Client?

Rex

jueves 15 septiembre 2020 :: 2040hrs (UTC +01:00)

Hi Rex…

Pleased you happy.
To create what you want do this:

With EMC in view -> Right click All Inboxes -> Display ->
Select whatever you want from the dropdown.
You can experiment to arrive at your optimum.

Russ

[email protected]

Brilliant again, Russ! I had not actually been displaying All Inboxes, even though I had selected to show it on Startup. So NOW… I did a right-click on my Sent folder… then selected Display… then All Inboxes. This then displayed the folder “All Inboxes”. So now I had both “All Inboxes” and “Inbox” displayed. I then hid the “Inbox” folder. The RESULT is… now I have my Inbox emails displayed when I start up (actually under “All Inboxes”). And I can see all my Favorites - you are awesome - thank you so much, Russ!

jueves 15 septiembre 2020 :: 2254hrs (UTC +01:00)

Hi Rex…

Happy to be of help, if you come across anything else please do not hesitate to ask,
if I can help I will.
I currently have all the time in the world as we are having to self-isolate because
our pool maintenance guy tested positive with Covid and the rules here are quite
tough with with severe penalties for non compliance.

Have you looked at Themes, a lot of people create their own or modify existing.
I’ve done so myself as what is available didn’t suit my particular needs.

There’s a lot of help about and I created a web page because I had some time
on my hands, if you are interested it’s here:

https://www.compucall.com/html/color_preference.htm

There’s also a couple of other links from the site for stuff I’ve written.

Russ

[email protected]

I have not looked at Themes yet - I hope to do so in a bit - And thank you for the link!

Rex

COOL! That fixed it for me, too. Thanks!