When a folder in the folder pane is shown grayed out and in italics, what does that mean??

In the attached picture, you’ll see exactly what i’m talking about. I’d simply like to know what this means. Any link to an official document on this or any official answer?

Thanks!

Hello,

This usually means that folder is protected from writing into.

regards
Jan

how would i do this to another folder?

Hello,

if you want to delete this folder, just do it and Gmail should recreate it but with possibility to write into, unfortunately we can’t provide support for how Gmail works.

regards
Jan

it’s actually not on gmail. gmail is a second set of folders.

what i did was delete the facebook folder and it stayed. i don’t understand why it didn’t delete through emclient. i selected it i said delete. all that did was italicize the folder. it didn’t do what it was supposed to.

Hello,

Now I will need IMAP logs, Tools - Settings - Advanced, check IMAP under your account, apply and restart eM Client.

click on “Send & Receive” or hit “F5” to synchronize and when it is done send logs… to [email protected]

together with this topic’s URL: https://discourse.emclient.com/emclient/to…

after this you can turn logging off.

regards
Jan

I had this problem and was able to solve it by going into each of the grayed out folders and deleting the folders within. Once I did that, it finally allowed me to delete the grayed out folders as well.