What SSL/TLS settings do I use with Greengeek

I can’t get eM client working on Greengeek.net … the protocols are all over the place … why can’t I just use SSL/TLS instead of all the force, do not force, use if available stuff … very frustrating

That doesn’t appear to be an actual working website/URL…is that the problem?

Looks like it’s greengeeks.net which redirects to greengeeks.com .

why can’t I just use SSL/TLS instead of all the force, do not force, use if available stuff … very frustrating

I would suggest to contact Greengeeks tech support for “what specific ssl/tls” email client settings are required for your domain email address.

You can also get Greengeeks “manual mail client example settings” for your domain at the bottom of the following page.

https://www.greengeeks.com/support/article/where-to-find-mail-server-login-information-for-greengeeks-hosted-domains/

Example Greengeeks manual mail settings

1 Like

You are using SSL/TLS, but because not all providers use the same ports with SSL/TLS, we provide the various options to allow you to connect with them.

For IMAP port 993, POP3 port 995, and SMTP port 465, that is Use SSL/TLS on special port (legacy).

2 Likes

thanks guys for your great replies … I have tried all the above many times … and been on chat with various Techs every day for the last week … my wife loves eM client so we have to keep it … might try and uninstall and reinstall it and see what happens then … thanks again

I have been on the phone to them every day for over a week … we sort it out … they witelist the IP address and the next morning it is blacklisted again … she has used eM client for many years and only since we recently changed hosting has there been an issue