What should I tweak?

When I send an email from my TPG address to my Gmail address, it arrives. When I send from Gmail to TPG it does NOT arrive. But I do receive Google alerts in TPG. I have double checked that the destination email from Google and from Gmail is the same. How can I correct this ?

If the email doesnt bounce back to Gmail, then it could have gone in either the TPG account spam or junk mail folder, or you might have possibly a rule setup in your TPG account within eM CIient to move the received Gmail to another folder after it arrives in the Inbox.

So first check your TPG acct spam / junk mail folder and if its not there, go in eM CIient to “Menu / Rules” (Pc) or “Tools /:Rules” (Mac) and see if you might have inadvertently setup a rule to move the Gmail email to another folder. You can dblclick the rules to look inside them. You can also eg: Uncheck all the rules to test if there is possible anything in there causing it.

Apart from that, do a search for your sent Gmail email address in the search field in eM CIient at the top right or centre and select “All Folders” in the search options, and see if you can find where its gone.

‘If the email doesn’t bounce back to Gmail’, THAT is not the problem. It is the converse. The email sent from Gmail is not received in TPG (according to eMClient). I have since discovered that TPG webmail receives the Gmail, so the problem is that eMClient does not show it there. However, alerts from Google DO show in TPG (according to eMClient), but emails sent from my Gmail account to TPG do not. So the problem does not apply to ALL emails sent to TPG ! [For what it is worth, All the local folders for TPG in eMClient are empty !]

Is the TPG a POP or IMAP account ?

IMAP - I used POP3 when my client was Windows Live Mail - but that died.

I have since discovered that TPG webmail receives the Gmail, so the problem is that eM Client does not show it there.

IMAP - I used POP3 when my client was Windows Live Mail - but that died.

Ok as your Gmail missing email “is only showing in your Inbox in TPG online webmail” and you are using an IMAP account, then sounds like your eM Client account has somehow got out of sync with your TPG online mailbox. So there is a couple of things you can do to get it back in sync.

Either run the repair on your eM Client TPG account or remove and re-add your TPG account.

To run the repair, “Right click on your TPG Inbox” in eM Client and click “Properties” at the bottom. Then click the “Repair” tab at the top, and lastly click “Repair”. That clears the local cache completely in eM Client and should then start to re-sync your TPG Inbox and mail folders etc.

Note:- Repairing can take a little time depending on how large your online mailbox is and messages will be slower to re-read again till fully cached.

Now if the repair doesn’t make any difference, then suggest next to "Remove and “Readd” your TPG IMAP account which should then definitely fix the problem.

Lastly the only other Alternative is eg: if you have been making regular eM Client backups either automatically via eM Client “Menu / Settings or Preferences / General / Backup” or “manually via the menu”, then you could instead try restoring a recent dated backup when you know it was working ok via “Menu / File / Restore”. Then once restored, any new emails and email folders since the restore point, will appear when eM Client next syncs / refresshes.

Although I like the repair option idea, the Properties of the TPG inbox lacks that tab.

I have NOT been making regular eMClient backups, so the third option is out as well.

That only leaves ‘re-move and re-add’; can you give me step by step guidance for THAT ?

That only leaves ‘re-move and re-add’; can you give me step by step guidance for THAT ?

To remove and re-add an IMAP account, go to “Menu / Accounts” and click on your existing account on the left and then remove / delete it at the top.

Then click “Add Account” and add your email address etc into the automatic email wizard as per the eM CIient help documentation link below.

If your mailbox providor needs a manual IMAP setup, then you can click “Add Account / Mail / Other” and enter your providor details which you would obtain via your mailbox website support.

“Create new account eM Client”

https://www.emclient.com/webdocumentation/en/9.2/emclient/default.htm#Accounts/Create%20New%20Account.htm%3FTocPath%3DAccounts%7C_____2

I did a remove & add my TPG account and sent test messages both ways. Gmail received in Inbox, and TPG received in JUNK ! By default, my Gmail address was blacklisted ! How odd !