What is this continuing pop-up? I get it several times a day along with this: XMPP Mail Exceptions Connectionexception

Hi John,
this looks like getting a reply from the server took too long, generating this popup. Can you open the Log tab (next to the error tab in your screenshot) next time this error occurs and copying the content of this tab here?

Best regards,
Olivia

Thanks for your reply, Olivia. The log does indicate that the reply is taking too long. I have used many different email software versions and never encountered this before. The reply is generated by eM and the settings on eM should be looked at and adjusted. That is unless your servers are the problem and cannot handle small delays.

John

Could you please copy the log tab? eM shows the message, but it’s generated by your mail server not responding.

Thanks for the reply, Olivia. Would you clarify the statement -“it’s generated by your mail server not responding.” What is my “mail server”? I don’t think it is eM, and I don’t think it is Google, which is my mail server, they would attach their name to it. It can’t be my web host because my email does not go through there. Now, logically, it seems that a message that a connection is taking too long would be generated by eM and not an outside software, especially since eM is the only time that I have ever seen this popup.

I again suggest that eM is generating it since it “shows” the message, which means that it has to be triggered by something in eM software. Since the popup does not affect any email sending or receipts and has no value to the user, it appears to be a “glitch” that your programmers have allowed to continue.

As you requested, attached is the log showing these error messages and the log activity:

Thank you for your help.

John

Hello John,
can I ask what anti-virus program you’re using? I think these messages could be a collision with windows firewall or an antivirus program. Please make exception in these programs for eM Client and see if the issue continues.

Best regards,
Olivia