What is limit allowed of recipients in an email

When I save my email to draft to finish later - many of my friends names disappear

When I save my email to draft to finish later - many of my friends names disappear

There is no allowed recipient limit in eM Client prior to sending email that i’m aware of.

The only limit you can sometimes have is “when you actually send your email via your smtp server”, the smtp server can sometimes have a limit on “how many emails you can send at one time” due to spam control reasons.

So could just be you might need eM Client updating.

What version of eM Client do you have ? Also do you have Windows or Mac.

Also are you regularly sending emails to specific recipient’s regularly ?

If you regularly send to a specific group of recipients, you might want to consider using a “Distribution list” instead, as this will save you typing or selecting all the recipients in manually every time.

See eM Client 9.x documentation on creating and sending a distribution list.

https://www.emclient.com/webdocumentation/en/9.0/emclient/default.htm#E-mail/Distribution%20List.htm?Highlight=Distribution%20list

Thank you. I have the latest em version. Windows 10.
It is not my server restrictions. It is something within eM client – as it only happens if I create an email, add my recipients AND THEN SAVE IT TO DRAFT (to edit later). When I look at that email in draft, many of the recipients names have disappeared. I have now realized that probably many emails I have sent out since joining eM client a couple of months ago, have more than likely not been reaching everyone. Upsetting!
If I actually just send the email straight out – it then goes to all the recipients I have in there.
My recipients vary – so not one set list. Different friends are added to things that interest them.

I have the latest em version. Windows 10.

It is something within eM client – as it only happens if I create an email, add my recipients AND THEN SAVE IT TO DRAFT (to edit later)

I can’t replicate that problem.

How many recipients are you typing ?

Also are they all being typed in the TO line, or are some in the CC & BCC lines as well ?

AHi

About 20 recipients and they are all in Bcc. My own name is the only one in the To box.

I only use Bcc - to respect everyone’s privacy

About 20 recipients and they are all in Bcc. My own name is the only one in the To box.

I only use Bcc - to respect everyone’s privacy

Ok I will test that later when home.

Thank.you. That would be really appreciated

Ok i tested creating an email with eM Client V 9.2.2157 for Windows and using my eg: Gmail account.

I typed my own email address in the To: line and put 20 recipient’s in the BCC: line and clicked “Menu / File / Save” in the compose window.

That email then appeared in the Gmail Drafts folder with all the 20 BCC recipient’s showing.

Note:- When you see the BCC recipient’s in the Drafts folder (unless you dblclick the draft to open it), you won’t see all the 20 Recipient’s because it only has a one line view. So at the end you will see “and Other X people” which you can then click the number that appears to see the full BCC recipient list.

But if you dblclick the draft you will then see all the recipient’s you originally added.

So no issues with eM Client. If this doesn’t work for you, suggest to try "Uninstalling eM Client and reinstalling it. When you uninstall it, “don’t delete the database” when asked on the Uninstall Wizard. You can get all the various versions of eM Client from the release history page.

If uninstalling and reinstalling eM Client still doesn’t fix it, then you might need to look at eg: removing and re-adding your mail account as might be some issue with your account locally in eM Client.

Thank you. Yes I also have V 9.2.2157. But not Gmail. Just eM client. That may make a difference.
I am aware of the situation you mention of showing one line, etc. That is not the case. They REALLY have disappeared. I just entered 20 names in one and saved to draft It now only has 3 names left. Not just 3 names showing. Just literally 3 names!!! I even Selected all and then copied in the address section of the draft- just to triple check. There are the 3 names!
I will uninstall as you suggest. It took a massive lot of work to import into em client and it never did import lots of emails and I have had to do a lot of settings and fixing of tool bars to add options etc…so can you assure me that by choosing … don’t delete the database… NOTHING will change in the things I have set up to function a certain way? I dont think I could face again the weeks it took to swap to eM client and find go arounds for missing features.

I can redo accounts but honestly I cant remotely see how any of that can affect names disappearing when saving an email to Draft !

The type of account doesn’t normally make any difference. Its the same program no matter what account you are using. Gmail is just a standard IMAP cloud account, like Exchange, Office 365, or iCloud accounts.

Even my POP account configured in the same eM Client works exactly the same with the 20 recipient’s in the BCC line when saving to drafts when i tested it today. None of them disappear at all.

So i can only presume that “either you have an issue with your actual eM Client Installation”, or “you have some issue with your Mail account” within eM Client.

Thank you, And will the Uninstall and reinstall alter any settings or tool bar options I have set, or anything.?

And will the Uninstall and reinstall alter any settings or tool bar options I have set, or anything.?

No when you uninstall eM Client you won’t loose any current accounts or toolbar settings etc as long as you “Don’t delete the database” when asked on the uninstall wizard.

You can also create a backup of eM Client first if you don’t do that already via “Menu / Backup” which can then also be easily restored via “Menu / File / Restore” if something goes wrong. The eM Client backups once completed go in your Documents / eM Client user profile folder.

Note:- You can see when the backup is complete in Show Operations via clicking the dropdown arrow on the right of Refresh at the top left.

THANK YOU for all that information