What does Gmail error message mean?

My eM client gives me this error message and will not retrieve anything.

I have no idea what this error message I get each time I try mean, nor do I know how to remedy this.

There is a second error message that come simultaneously:

Eric - Gmail: Connecting to Eric - Gmail failed
[SMTP] An attempt to connect to Eric - Gmail failed. this could be caused by temporary server unavailability or incorrect settings. Do you want to check the settings?

I haven’t changed any of the settings.

In desperation I have resorted to using Outlook, which works as it should, but is not my preferred email client,. This is Very frustrating!

Any help is appreciated!

Eric Rosenberg

[Google Contacts] Uploading item(s) to folder ‘Eric - Gmail/Contacts’ failed due to the following error: Parameter validation failed for “resourceName” : The value did not match the regular expression ^people/[^/]+$

[SMTP] An attempt to connect to Eric - Gmail failed. this could be caused by temporary server unavailability or incorrect settings. Do you want to check the settings?

Could be either a wrong SMTP mail server setting, or a problem with your Gmail account in eM Client.

So go to “Menu / Accounts” and click on your Gmail account “SMTP” server tab and update this thread what you see in there.

Also are you using a POP or IMAP Gmail setup & what version of eM Client are you running.

Please I’m experiencing this issue with my Gmail account. I’m using eM Client version 9.2.1841