Weird email account behavior

Hi All,

The last 24 hours I’ve encountered some very strange email behavior, and I’m not 100% sure it’s eMClient, but I figured there were some email experts around and they might have the answer.

I have two email accounts on a bellsouth.net server. They share the same PW, and have been working fine. Email access through the AT&T webportal also works for both addresses.

One address works fine, but the other address times out, and eMClient provides a “Connection Failed” error. FWIW, the same email times out in iOS Mail as well. A review of the log is the following:

11:10:36 AM [email protected] [POP3] MailClient.Accounts.SocketException: Connection failed due to the following reason:
“Unable to read data from the transport connection: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond…”

The other bellsouth.net email operates just fine, and as I said, both emails are available through the webmail portal.

Any ideas?

Best,
R

I hate to reply to my own message, but for those with a similar problem, AT&T switched over to using secure mail keys. Unless you want to use the YAHOO! configuration (which forces IMAP), you need to create secure mail keys for each account.

Once I jumped those hoops, the problem was solved.

2 Likes