vodafone.it

HI all,
i have a problem to receive and sent email with email @vodafone.it
I have follow the correct setting form this link: http://www.vodafone.it/portal/Nuovi-parametri-di-configurazione-posta-elettronica
test email OK but i cannot send or received email.
Someone please help me?
Tnx a lot

i have find this erorr:
14.53.19 [email protected] [IMAP]  MailExceptions.ConnectionException: Apertura connessione con il server fallita. —> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: Impossibile stabilire la connessione. Risposta non corretta della parte connessa dopo l’intervallo di tempo oppure mancata risposta dall’host collegato 62.149.178.101:143
14.53.19    in System.Net.Sockets.TcpClient…ctor(String hostname, Int32 port)
14.53.19    in MailClient.Imap.Base.Connection.<>c__DisplayClassa.b__9()
14.53.19 in MailClient.Imap.Base.Connection.Connect(Func`1 getStream)
14.53.19 in MailClient.Imap.Base.Connection.Connect(String receiveHost, Int32 receivePort, Boolean explicitSsl)
14.53.19 in MailClient.Imap.ConnectionPoolEntry.Reconnect()
14.53.19 — Fine della traccia dello stack dell’eccezione interna —
14.53.19 in MailClient.Imap.ConnectionPoolEntry.Reconnect()
14.53.19 in MailClient.Imap.ConnectionPoolEntry.Connect()
14.53.19 in MailClient.Imap.ConnectionPool.AcquireConnection(Folder mailFolder, Boolean idle, Boolean forStore)
14.53.19 in MailClient.Imap.ConnectionContext…ctor(ImapAccount account)
14.53.19 in MailClient.Imap.Synchronizer.CreateFolderCommand.ExecuteInternal(WorkerStatus status)
14.53.19 in MailClient.Imap.Synchronizer.ImapCommand.Execute(WorkerStatus status)
14.53.19 in MailClient.Commands.Command.Process(WorkerStatus status)

Hi Francesco, what version of eM Client are you currently using on your computer, can you please check for the exact version number in Help > About? Are you using any firewall/proxy or any other security software on your computer that would disable the application’s ability to connect to your server?

If so, can you please try to temporarily disable these security elements and check if the issue persists?

Based on the log data from the operations log it seems like the server is not responding to the application’s request or the connection times out before connecting.

Regards,
Paul

reboot pc and some error
my version is: 6.0.21372.0
this is the last log:
17.09.05 [email protected] [IMAP]  MailExceptions.ConnectionException: Apertura connessione con il server fallita. —> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: Impossibile stabilire la connessione. Risposta non corretta della parte connessa dopo l’intervallo di tempo oppure mancata risposta dall’host collegato 62.149.178.101:143
17.09.05    in System.Net.Sockets.TcpClient…ctor(String hostname, Int32 port)
17.09.05    in MailClient.Imap.Base.Connection.<>c__DisplayClassa.b__9()
17.09.05 in MailClient.Imap.Base.Connection.Connect(Func`1 getStream)
17.09.05 in MailClient.Imap.Base.Connection.Connect(String receiveHost, Int32 receivePort, Boolean explicitSsl)
17.09.05 in MailClient.Imap.ConnectionPoolEntry.Reconnect()
17.09.05 — Fine della traccia dello stack dell’eccezione interna —
17.09.05 in MailClient.Imap.ConnectionPoolEntry.Reconnect()
17.09.05 in MailClient.Imap.ConnectionPoolEntry.Connect()
17.09.05 in MailClient.Imap.ConnectionPool.AcquireConnection(Folder mailFolder, Boolean idle, Boolean forStore)
17.09.05 in MailClient.Imap.ConnectionContext…ctor(ImapAccount account)
17.09.05 in MailClient.Imap.Synchronizer.CreateFolderCommand.ExecuteInternal(WorkerStatus status)
17.09.05 in MailClient.Imap.Synchronizer.ImapCommand.Execute(WorkerStatus status)
17.09.05 in MailClient.Commands.Command.Process(WorkerStatus status)

the setting use different port 993 not default port 143
some other test?

Are you using any firewall/proxy or any other security software (antivirus) on your computer that would disable the application’s ability to connect to your server? If so, please try to temporarily disable the security software and check if the issue persists. 

Seems like the connection is being blocked by a third party element while eM Client is trying to establish the connection between the client and the server.

Regards,
Paul

I checked and disable windows firewall, but I always make the same mistake
i have try to telnet on ip 62.149.178.101 143 dont work correct and try ip 62.149.178.101 993  its works correctly

Hi again Francesco, can you please navigate to Tools > Accounts > Your account, and make a screenshot of each settings tab regarding your email account?

Please save the screenshots to your computer and submit the images to my email, [email protected] with a reference link to this forum topic.

Thank you,
Paul

hi,
i have sent email
thanks a lot  

Hi again Francesco, the above mentioned settings suggest to use the port 993 with your IMAP settings, please use the port 993 for your IMAP settings with the security policy set to to “Use SSL/TLS on special port (legacy)”.

If you’re having issues while sending your messages as well try to use Port 587 and set the security policy to “Use SSL/TLS if available”.

Thank you,
Paul

Write a reply   13.14.09 [email protected] [IMAP]  MailExceptions.ConnectionException: Apertura connessione con il server fallita. —> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: Impossibile stabilire la connessione. Risposta non corretta della parte connessa dopo l’intervallo di tempo oppure mancata risposta dall’host collegato 62.149.178.101:143
13.14.09    in System.Net.Sockets.TcpClient…ctor(String hostname, Int32 port)
13.14.09    in MailClient.Imap.Base.Connection.<>c__DisplayClassa.b__9()
13.14.09 in MailClient.Imap.Base.Connection.Connect(Func`1 getStream)
13.14.09 in MailClient.Imap.Base.Connection.Connect(String receiveHost, Int32 receivePort, Boolean explicitSsl)
13.14.09 in MailClient.Imap.ConnectionPoolEntry.Reconnect()
13.14.09 — Fine della traccia dello stack dell’eccezione interna —
13.14.09 in MailClient.Imap.ConnectionPoolEntry.Reconnect()
13.14.09 in MailClient.Imap.ConnectionPoolEntry.Connect()
13.14.09 in MailClient.Imap.ConnectionPool.AcquireConnection(Folder mailFolder, Boolean idle, Boolean forStore)
13.14.09 in MailClient.Imap.ConnectionContext…ctor(ImapAccount account)
13.14.09 in MailClient.Imap.Synchronizer.CreateFolderCommand.ExecuteInternal(WorkerStatus status)
13.14.09 in MailClient.Imap.Synchronizer.ImapCommand.Execute(WorkerStatus status)
13.14.09 in MailClient.Commands.Command.Process(WorkerStatus status)

this is the same error.
i have used port 993 and ssl/tls on special port and the test is OK but don’t download the email.
Tnx a lot

Hi Francesco, this unfortunately doesn’t seem to be an application issue, eM Client is trying to open the connection to the server, however the server is not responding, or some third party application is blocking the connection, please check with your network support or your mail server support in order to resolve this issue.

Thank you,
Paul

Hi paul,
i have test other program email(thunderbid 31.4.0) and it’s work at first settings but the em Client 6.0.21372.0 don’t work with protocol IMAP or POP on port 993. I have try on other pc and the result is the same problem.
Do you have other test?
Tnx a lot
Francesco

Hi Francesco, please navigate to Tools > Settings > Advanced and enable IMAP logging for the problematic account, 

1. Save the settings
  2. Restart the application
  3. Replicate the issue
    Once the error reoccurs please go back to the advanced settings window and submit the logs to my email, [email protected] with a reference link to this forum topic.

However I’m afraid this is either a server side issue or the connection is being blocked by a third party application as the application is trying to make the connection, but as stated in the log, server is not responding to application’s requests:

Connected party did not properly respond after a period of time or lack of response from the host connected 62.149.178.101:143

Regards,
Paul

hi paul,
i have send email with the logs.
More thanks for all

Hi Paul, thank you but unfortunately the network connection logging data are again showing you’re using an incorrect port to connect to the IMAP account.

Connected party did not properly respond after a period of time or lack of response from the host connected 62.149.178.101:143 (Port 143)

Please make absolutely sure you’re using the recommended settings from vodafone.it

Thank you,
Paul