View and restore single mails out of backup

I have some emClient Backups and lost some mails. What is the best way to view the mails inside these backup and restore only single ones. I don’t want to do a full restore as I don’t want to affect my current instalation. Thanks for any advice.

There is a way to retrieve selected data from the backup:

1. Disconnect the computer from the Internet. This is important!

2. Go to Menu > Settings > General > Backup. Disable Periodic Backup if it is selected and click on OK.

3. Make a backup using Menu > Backup, so we can come back to the current database later.

4. Restore the old backup that has the data you want to retrieve.

5. Export that data you need. You can do that using Menu > File > Export > Export email to eml files. You can select whole directory trees, so it is fairly easy to do.

6. Restore the backup made in step 3.

7. Reconnect to the Internet.

8. Import the data from step 5 using Menu > File > Import > Email (eml).

1 Like

Thank you. That way I get to my mails. Unfortunately it was an IMAP-Account and the mails are not fully synchronized. The text is there but not all of the attachments.

em Client then does not export the mails not complete downloaded. But the text of mails is almost there.

Is there a way I can export the mails as they are, even when they are not complete downloaded?

If they were not fully cached, and have been removed from the server, then no. The export will be incomplete.

Going forward, go to Menu > Accounts and click on the IMAP or Exchange tab for the account. Scroll down to Sync Options, tick both of them, and click on Save & Close. That will fully cache the messages.

I followed your approach with opening the backup. That works. And I see a lot of mails with its attachments.

As example, let’s take one mail where the text is available and I CAN open the pdf-attachment in the pdf reader. But when I try to export or save this mail emClient does stop doing this with this message:

As the data is there, how can I get it exported?