Very slow synchronization and downloading of email messages

I’ve been using eM Client for over a year and am pleased with its utility and performance. For the last two weeks, however, the synchronization and downloading of email messages have been very slow. At times, the process of synchronizing and downloading messages stalls, and I have to close and reopen the application in order to complete the process. I’m using Windows 10 and am downloading the messages from AOL’s IMAP server. I contacted AOL about this problem, but the technicians there have not been able to solve it. 

Same problem for me with v6.xxx for some months. Used to be fast like a year ago. On Win10 too.  I have “download msgs for offline use” enabled too but of no help. Months ago someone suggested that and it worked, but over time it wore off and  now back to s l o w…  30 to 45sec per email once the header appears sometimes. I  just t turn it on, leave and come back in an hour.

Also, folders that are virtually never touched are syncing constantly, is this normal? I have many folders, IMAP and local, probably over 100. Is that the problem?  I’m on the ATT/Yahoo’s mail server with 6meg+ internet. Is my internet too slow?

Hello all,

At first, I’d recommend updating to the newest version available at: https://www.emclient.com/release-history.

Please note that the mail loading speed may be affected by internet speed or processing speed of your PC if you have large database.

Russel

I did as you suggested and updated to the newest eM Client version available. I’m still having the problem with slow synchronizing and downloading, however, and at times I still have to close and reopen eM Client in order to complete the synchronizing and downloading process. My internet speed and the processing speed of my PC are adequate, and I was not having this problem until about two or three weeks ago. I did not change any of the settings on eM Client or my PC for several weeks before the problem began, and I have not changed any of these settings since the problem began.

I’m pretty sure I’m using the latest version of eM Client, but I’m still having a problem with slow synchronizing and downloading of messages. Do you have other suggestions for what I can do to fix the problem? Thanks.

I am thinking that if it was working OK, then suddenly wasn’t, that this could be a problem with your email provider. But maybe check your server settings in Menu > Tools > Accounts and click on the IMAP tab.

Host: imap.aol.com (or whatever you are using)
Port: 993
Security policy: Use SSL/TLS on special port (legacy)

Also if you are using a VPN, maybe disable that and see if there is any difference.