Very Slow Starting, Slow Opening of Attachment and Slow Closing

Hi Support Team, 

I have used emclient a few months back and it was really good to have many features in your email client. I really liked it. But…

The biggest problem is it doesn’t start quickly I don’t understand why it takes a lot of time to start the email client when we start. Also when windows 10 starts we have selected to start on windows startup their also it is very slow it takes almost 10min to get fully operational till then if we try to click on menu or any other options and try to use email client it won’t work. I have read all other comments and discussion posts in that you told to reinstall, change DB, create with new DB etc…  but honestly, that is not the solution every time we cannot create, reinstall etc… for every few months once. Can you please fix the speed to open within 2 to 5 seconds. 

I agree! Using Windows 7 and it is mow slow and buggy! Drives me nuts how some emails wont indicate they have been read? Definitely going the wrong way and I’m looking for something else!

Have you tried reinstalling the application?  Or, delete the database and start over with a fresh one?

Also, I don’t recommend starting eM Client with windows.  It is a disk intensive operation that is really slowed down when other disk intensive tasks are running.  Also, mechanical drives (particularly 5400 rpm laptop drives) slow down the startup significantly.  I have a moderately priced SSD and the load time is < 5 seconds.

Hey Jay 

Thanks for the comment I have already mentioned above reinstalling the application for every few months is not the solution. Even for one user account also it will become slow after 6 months time. If we have set up POP3 setting for email then all emails will be downloaded to the local system without leaving any emails in the server as per the settings we set so from the local system the email should open like folder access. if we search for something in all folders then it may take some time to find it like the same way we do in our computer to search for any document in all folders. 

If we have configured IMAP means it will sync with server emails all the time then it’s a different case. I have read all comments about this topic from emclient employees also in this forum but everyone is saying about reinstalling and creating new DB for every few months once. So all I see is after a few months the emclient will slow down due to big DB because it may be loading the complete DB fully when we open the application. Ideally, we will have pagination so when I click on page 2 or 3… etc. then it can load that page emails. 

My point is the application should work as fast as Linux system not like windows OS which will get slow down after a few months or year when we reinstall it. It should be quick for the user. If you think from the end user standpoint most organisations will not allow the user to install anything in their systems. The IT team has to come and do that. 

So if you imagine this case like in one organisation if they have rolled out to use emclient and IT team has installed in all employees system today after a few months for all employees system they have to come to reinstall it with new DB or create new DB etc… then all employees will ask for their previous emails backup and restore etc… this will create big operations problems in all departments just to find old emails from old DB. 

Have you tried  Eudora  email client it is fast but they don’t have good features like emclient. So the biggest con of emclient is it will low down after a few months. 

I have already mentioned above reinstalling the application for every few months is not the solution. Even for one user account also it will become slow after 6 months time. If we have set up POP3 setting for email then all emails will be downloaded to the local system without leaving any emails in the server as per the settings we set so from the local system the email should open like folder access. if we search for something in all folders then it may take some time to find it like the same way we do in our computer to search for any document in all folders. 

If we have configured IMAP means it will sync with server emails all the time then it’s a different case. I have read all comments about this topic from emclient employees also in this forum but everyone is saying about reinstalling and creating new DB for every few months once. So all I see is after a few months the emclient will slow down due to big DB because it may be loading the complete DB fully when we open the application. Ideally, we will have pagination so when I click on page 2 or 3… etc. then it can load that page emails. 

My point is the application should work as fast as Linux system not like windows OS which will get slow down after a few months or year when we reinstall it. It should be quick for the user. If you think from the end user standpoint most organisations will not allow the user to install anything in their systems. The IT team has to come and do that. 

So if you imagine this case like in one organisation if they have rolled out to use emclient and IT team has installed in all employees system today after a few months for all employees system they have to come to reinstall it with new DB or create new DB etc… then all employees will ask for their previous emails backup and restore etc… this will create big operations problems in all departments just to find old emails from old DB. 

Have you tried  Eudora  email client it is fast but they don’t have good features like emclient. So the biggest con of emclient is it will low down after a few months.