Very slow search

I’m using the Pro version of EM Client 6.0 and have the problemm that the search is very slow. The data files have sizes of 4.4 and 3.2GB and are in an SSD on my computer.

When I search for something, EM Client generates a 100% load on the SSD. Very inefficient compared to the Eudora Client, which was able to find messages almost instantly.

Occasionally EM Client even slows down a lot when opening a folder (and again generates a 100% load on the SSD).

Is there anything I can do?

what version of eM Client are you currently using on your computer, can you please check the exact version number in Help > About? Also please check your search preferences by clicking on the dropdown icon in the search bar, note that searching for the content of the message requires having the option “download messages for offline use” enabled, otherwise you might not get precise results and the search can take some time as the application needs to process all the content of your messages.

How long would you say the search takes to find the items you were searching for?

Thank you,

The version number is 6.0.21372.0.

The search preferences are set sometimes to the current folder, sometimes to all folders.

All messages are donwloaded to the computer.

The duration of search varies. I haven’t measured it, but I’d say it’s up to 20-30 seconds, with a 100% load on the SSD.

Hi again, can you please navigate to your Roaming folder and check how big is your current database folder?
You can run this utility to check for database corruption and for database compression, , let the application finish the database check and check if the issue persists, after it’s finished.

Thank you,

I ran the utility and it had the effect of duplicating the number of files in the EM Client directory. May I delete the -bak files?

Then now it is so that when I do a first search it takes up to 30 seconds. If I do a different search immediately after that it’s fast. 

Hi, not completely sure what -bak files you’re referring to. The dbrepairrebuildall.exe tool can not cause a database duplication or mail duplication, so if you’re seeing any items duplicated this should not be caused by the dbrepair utility.


I am having the same problem. Ran the database check and I have the same version. I am running Windows 7 with 16GB ram and a quad core extreme processor. Sometimes the search can take a few minutes.  I ran the db check utility and still have the same issue.  Sometimes the syncing takes a few minutes via imap to google.

I do know there are issues with google as it has a problematic connection issue.

My mail_data.dat is about 16GB which is fairly large.

I do not know if this has any bearing, but the database check took over an hour to run.

I researched the log files and found the following which may shed some light on this:
04/08/2015 09:39:23 1 no such table: mail_fti.SubjectIndex_stat
04/08/2015 09:39:23 1 no such table: mail_fti.AddressIndex_stat
04/08/2015 09:39:24 1 no such table: mail_fti.LocalMailsIndex3_stat
04/08/2015 18:12:47 1 no such table: mail_fti.SubjectIndex_stat
04/08/2015 18:12:47 1 no such table: mail_fti.AddressIndex_stat
04/08/2015 18:12:48 1 no such table: mail_fti.LocalMailsIndex3_stat

The mail.fti.dat is 3GB