Very slow downloading body of email

Hi there,

I wonder if anyone can help?

I’ve been using emclient for a couple of years now, but lately I’ve noticed it can take up to 60 seconds to download the body of an email and its really slowing things down.

This happens on all new emails that come in, even those that are only 20KB in size

Is there a way round this? as it is seriously making me consider whether to continue with emclient or not.

My email account has 15GB out of my allowed 25GB so it isn’t as if my account is full.

I do keep deleted my deleteds more often than usual to see if it helps but it doesn’t seem to help.

Thanks for any assistance

Laura

If it’s an IMAP, Exchange or iCloud account, as long as your internet connection speed hasn’t changed, then could be your local eM Client cache needs resetting to start new.

To reset the local cache, “right click on your Inbox” under your account or “All mail” if it’s a Gmail account, and then click properties at the bottom. Then click the Repair tab at the top and finally click repair.

The repair can take a little time so be patient. Remote emails will take a little longer to read the first time till locally cached again in eM Client.

Note: Before doing the repair, do a backup via “Menu / Backup”.

Failing that, if it’s an IMAP, Exchange or iCloud account, suggest to remove and re-add your account in eM Client via “Menu / Accounts”.