V8 imap - antivirus issue

Hi there. I use eM Client since many years. I just upgraded from v7 to v8. After the upgrade I have not been able to connect to my imap-Server anymore.
After quite some research I found this comment: https://forum.emclient.com/t/version-8-upgrade-problem-with-gmail-server-connection/64045
And Russel is right. Everything worked after I deactivated the antivirus software for mails (avast). However this can’t be the solution in my eyes. I still want the scans on incoming mails and attachments. So whose issue is this? eM client or avast. Since the link above does name a specific AV-software I guess it is an eM Client issue.
Will there be an update soon?
Thanks a lot.

1 Like

Hi Lynx,

The update is now being tested and it shoud be released the next week or the week after.

Russel

Hi Russel,

I have the same issue.
Can i download this “beta” version somewhere to test if this version solves the issue?

Regards

The latest em client version is installed but still doesn’t work with IMAP (Gmail, Yahoo, outlook …)
Only turn off email shied of Avast, eM client is working.
I tried import Certificied from Avast, but not working.
It’s fine with eM client 7.

Yes, installed the update and still get the error message. As soon as I turn avast off for incoming IMAP everything works fine. This is really annoying. I fear I need to get back to Outlook soon if this won’t be fixed.

1 Like

Just recently upgraded my license. Same thing happens. Anyway to fix this without disabling avast mail shield?

miércoles 23 septiembre 2020 :: 2115hrs (UTC +01:00)

Hi All…

Avast is know to cause all sorts of issues…plus read this:

Avast Collects and Sells Your Browsing History!

By default, Avast collects your web browsing activity and offers it to marketeers
through their subsidiary named Jumpshot.
Companies who pay Avast/Jumpshot can view full “clickstream data” to see what
Avast users are doing online.

The data collected is so granular that Jumpshot clients can view the individual
clicks that Avast users are making on their browsing sessions, including the time
right down to the millisecond.

The collected data is linked to a person’s name, email and or IP address.
Each user history is assigned to an identifier called the device ID, which
persists unless the user uninstalls the Avast antivirus product.

As a replacement you can use Malwarebytes - a recognized world leader.
We got it here free:
https://www.maxadmin.net/download/free/malware.zip
We followed the installation instructions exactly, it works well and has never
caused any problems, we’ve been running it for about 14 months.

¡Saludos desde la soleada España!

Russ

[email protected]

1 Like

Jumpshot had been already shutdown when you wrote this.
Anyway, the August 20 version still didn’t solve the issue.
Reaction of most users is the heck with this eM Client version if it is not compatible with Avast or other anti-viruses.