Using smtp with Zimbra server - Help!

Need help setting up SMTP to send email on a Zimbra server. The incoming IMAP works. I have tried about every combination. The settings are supposed to be myemployeemail.ulm.edu on port 587, no security, login with pw. I sure hope someone can tell me what I am missing

Hi,
can you please make a screenshot of your SMTP settings in Tools > Accounts > Your Account > SMTP.

Thank you,
Paul.

receiving mail works. Im very hopeful we can get the smtp to work

Hi, can you maybe try changing the security policy to “Use SSL/TLS on special port (legacy)”?

Thank you,
Paul.

Okay, I tried that. No luck. I also copied the log below. The settings I am using work for a mobile app Enhanced Email, but there is no pc version.

12:25:43 PM ULM [SMTP] Connecting: To ULM
12:26:04 PM ULM [SMTP] MailExceptions.SocketException: Connect failed with reason:
12:26:04 PM “A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 192.135.131.54:587”
12:26:04 PM at MailClient.Smtp.SmtpSendCommand.Connect(WorkerStatus status)
12:26:04 PM at MailClient.Smtp.SmtpSendCommand.Execute(WorkerStatus status)
12:26:04 PM at MailClient.Commands.Command.Process(WorkerStatus status)

Okay one more try, please try changing the port to 465 and try using the security policy as either Force usage of SSL/TLS or use if available.

Thank you,
Paul.

Hank Bray
Checking your server, does not have the port 587 is not opened , only 25 and 26 are open for SMTP.
Yo could use port 25.

Hi Hank, was the above answer helpful to your issue? Or are you still having issues with the setup?

Thank you,
Paul.