using em Client on two computers

I would like to use em Client on two computers. Do I need two licences?

Yes, eM Client license is meant to be used on one computer only.

That is unfortunate. I have two computers that I do email on, with hotmail for giving out to commercial sites, ordering, etc., and gmail for personal email. I would hate to give up eM and go back to Outlook, but maybe I will have to.

More specifically, license allows software to reside on one computer, ONE LAPTOP.

OK, maybe it will work, but it keeps telling me to reinstall the license…

Hello,

one license - one activation, exactly like it is written in our Term and even in that screenshot you have put here.

If you will try to use one license per multiple computers it will cause problems.

Jan

Hi,

truth is that we allow install licences per computer only but on the other hand, we provide significant amount discounts. Please visit this page: http://www.emclient.com/purchase?lang=en and use our Price calculator to find more.
If you have any questions regarding the price model, please contact our Sales department at [email protected].

I am rather curious about how you allow one activation, but allow the application to reside on a desktop and laptop at the same time. At the moment I don’t have this situation, but I may in future.

Hi,

Unfortunately screenshot you have sent me is not from us, but from our re-seller.

You have to buy pro/make free license per one device, so it is exactly like one device - one license.

Jan

EDIT: we are currently working on resolving this issue with them.

Yes, I would say that considering this offer, from your reseller, is posted on your Facebook page, people will expect it to be honored. Thanks.

Hi,

we are not responsible for our reseller’s mistakes. Anyway it has been now resolved so they should show this offer like it should be.

with regards
Jan

Couldn’t you charge a small sum for a 2nd ‘free’ account?  Say $15. I have a laptop and a desktop.

Just register a second Free License using another email address. Most people have more than one.

There is no connection between the email address used to register the license and the email account setup in eM Client, so any address will work.

That seems like a really unnecessary complication for people who have one email address.  I’m looking up this information for a friend who’s a not computer literate, and he uses EMClient to access an IMAP account hosted by his UK based ISP (BT).  He wants it across two computers.  The conclusion is that, if he wants to use his single email address free licence across two computers, he needs to apply for a second free licence, and to do so, he needs to open a new email account (with google or outlook) account, it seems, even though he has no intention of ever using that account for correspondence.

I suppose we shouldn’t grumble too much at a commercial enterprise offering a free product to home users, but colour me distinctly unimpressed.

On the other hand, there is no better advertisement for EMClient than the rubbish Windows Mail app!!

Most people have more than one email address, so it is not really an issue. Sometimes there is also the misunderstanding that the address used to register the license should be the address they use in eM Client. That is not the case.

The following solution will work:

Register a second Free License using any old rubbish email address. Just make one up. Try [email protected]. The activation key will be displayed immediately on the screen, so who cares where the registration email is sent to. :wink:

Understood.  Seems like a faff, but understood.  Not looking for clarification, but offering a little constructive criticism.

I know this is an old thread, but can you please tell me whether it still works to add a second computer by simply registering with a different email? Also, will the mail on both computers be in sync? In other words, if I mark an email as “read” on one computer, and then look at my email on the other, will it show it as “read” also? Thanks!

Each computer on which you use eM Client will require a separate license. So if you want to use eM Client on two computers, you will need two licenses. Free license users can only register one license per email address, so if they want to use eM Client on two computers, as they need two licenses, they will need to register each with a different email address.

As long as you add the same email account to both computers, they will have the same data from the server. Marking a message as read on one computer, or deleting it, will have the same effect on the other computer.

Wow! That worked perfectly! So many times I want to work on email with my laptop in bed at night and I was having to use that horrible “Windows Mail”. This is the answer to my prayers.
Thank you so much!

1 Like

Hi. I have a further question about licenses and number of devices. Currently looking at replacing email software for my team and emClient is shortlisted. Would be looking at Business Pro licenses.

As some of us work on desktops in office but then take laptops home, do I understand it correctly that the same user will need multiple licenses? In the case of Business Pro, can I assume that they do not need to have different email addresses for their different devices? Checking for two reasons:

1. Need to understand how many licenses to purchase.
  2. Each person only has one business email address that they would be allocated their license to.

Extra question:

1. If the same person then also wants to run the app on mobile, is that included?

Thanks, Ben