Using currency symbols - quick keys

Is there a quick way to enter e.g. a Euro symbol / character.
I use the Calibri font in my emails. Composing a new email, I can open the symbol window but scrolling or trying to find a certain symbol takes ages.
If I know the Unicode, typing it it does not work (Euro code U+20AC or Alt+20AC), or trying to type this on the keyboard. Alternative I tried Alt+E, no luck.
So how to do this quickly (and repeat this often) in eMClient please?

Hello Gerard,

What keyboard (language) are you using? Usually, AltGr + E works for me.

Regards,
Russel

€ seems to work when I use the ascii code (press and hold , type 0128 on the numeric keypad on the right, then release the key.
I found this after posting my message, searching the Internet.
I am not sure what AltGr is, I do not have this key, using a laptop and the English language.
Problem solved anyway, thanks for your response.

Thank you Gerard for this. Does anyone have similar solution for typing
Ñ and ñ ?
Many thanks

Have a look at https://www.ascii-code.com/ and try these codes. It might work for only certain fonts.
See also https://support.office.com/en-gb/article/Insert-ASCII-or-Unicode-Latin-based-symbols-and-characters-…

On my UK keyboard, CTRL+ALT+4 (has the $ over the 4) produces the Euro symbol

Yes, that is the same as Altgr + 4.

This depends on your keyboard language.  Some like German, French or Czech it is Altgr + e. Hungarian is Altgr + u.

AltGr is the same as the right Alt key or if you still have one from way back, it may be labeled as Alt Graph. Found on all keyboards on the right of the space bar.

ñ = Alt + 164
Ñ = Alt + 165

Thank you Gary for your help.
However, Alt + 164 or Alt + 165 doesn’t produce anything on my Toshiba laptop UK key board.  I need the ñ and Ñ symbols when typing Spanish langauge.
AltGr + 164 gives me € symbol!   AltGr + 165 produces nothing.
I already have the € symbol on my keyboard. I have now discovered that a lot of the diacritical character codes produce only the € symbol on my keyboard and not the character that I am looking for!

Many thanks Gerard for these useful links.  Unfortunately they don’t work on my keyboard.  I have now discovered that a lot of the diacritical character codes produce only the € symbol on my keyboard and not the character that I am looking for!

That is the left Alt key plus 164/165 on the number keypad.

Ah - thanks Gary. I was not using the number keypad. Mystery solved.  You have succeded in doing what they say can’t be done - “can’t teach an old dog new tricks”.

Hi Gerard - problem solved.  See Gary’s post above.