Username and Password Not Accepted

I’ve been using EMClient with gmail for months. All of a sudden I get the error message 5.7.8 Username and Password not accepted. I do have the setting set about “accepting less secure …”. Any ideas?

About the same thing is happening to me NVLADY. My topic is listed as Failed Gmail Password under CaptainDave. Is your problem with Gmail also? Outlook seems OK I suspect Google has made a change which is backfiring because I’m getting some “What to do if…” messages from Google. If you find something that works, please let me know. I can get into my gmail directly but am getting an “invalid credentials” message from Google when accessed by eMC. I’m surprised only you an I are reporting problems.

The problem is that you are using an invalid username. What is entered in your other post is not valid, therefore it will not work.

OK, Gary, I’ve checked my password with Google and found where it is kept in eMC, updated it there, and the connection with Google is still failing - "Server says “Invalid credentials (Failure)” " And I’m using my full email address as my User Name.