Upgrade to v8 failed

What about us with pro licence? How will we open to program now?

Russel, sorry but I am still confused about licensing for v.8.
I had registrated free license eM Client v.7 about year ago…
I proceeded paintfull upgrade into v.8 last week. (upgrade failure, total removal, new installation)
I activated v.8 with my existing free license key originally isued for v.7.
Now my eM Client license shows “Trial 30 days version valid till 12. Sept. 2020”.
How to get free timely unlimited licese again??

Russel,

The problem is that the backup and restore commands don’t offer a prompt to select a location. So there is no way for a user to know where the backup was stored before upgrading and where to select it later if one needs it. In addtion, there is no way for a user to identify which database is in use (pre ver8 vs. post ver8). I"m having this problem myself. Version 8 did not load my folders or saved email, everything was lost. I tried going back to version 7 but then version 7 can’t load anything either… I suspect that when I installed version 8, it overwrote everything. I once saw the “More” folder with my old folders but that disappeared also. At one point (before this upgrade) I was thinking to purchase this instead of using the “free” version. Now I cannot justify that if upgrades are so difficult to perform safely.