Upgrade licence from v7 Pro

I have two v7 Pro licences, since I used to run it on laptop and desktop computers. Believe Pro was for just one installation.
Now usually only one computer, still running my licenced version, but wonder about backup in case of loss / failure of the main computer.
If I upgrade one v7 Pro licence to lifetime upgrades, what licence will that become? How many installations?
It appears that a phone or ipad app doesn’t count (but is also not as flexible as the desktop version). May just have to do.
Thanks,
Jim

Now usually only one computer, still running my licenced version, but wonder about backup in case of loss / failure of the main computer.

You can backup eM Client V7 via “Menu / File / Backup”. If you then have any issues, you can restore it via “Menu / File / Restore”.

The dated backup.zip file goes in your “Documents / eM Client” folder. So make sure you backup that folder contents.

If i upgrade one v7 Pro licence to lifetime upgrades, what licence will that become? How many installations.

To find out if you can still get a V7 Pro lifetime license, suggest to email [email protected] . You may now only be able to upgrade to V10.

eM Client now has new Personal and Business licences with or without lifetime upgrades either on subscription or a one off payments. There is also a new Personal license versions which includes 3 devices. See the following link.

https://www.emclient.com/pricing

Lastly if you do upgrade to the latest V10 you would need min Windows 10 and or Mac Monterey being eM Client only supports the last 3 OS’s.

Thanks CZ, I’ve already checked upgrade possibility using the activation key. It is possible but to what version? Perhaps it stays the old Pro.
Thanks for the sales address. I’ll use it.
The only need for a backup would be in case my laptop was broken or stolen, in either case there could be no file transfer. Suppose I can use the Android app, but without any folders. Should look at the iPad app.
Yes, running Win11 (whether I like it or not).
Jim

Ok as you have Windows 11 then if you are looking to upgrade your license you would definitely go with the new eM Client V10. See the new Blog on all the features.