Updates will not download: ((403) Forbidden)

This could be my firewall.  I need to know what server & ports to create an exception.

Thank you

Hi, you have to enable the ports you’re using with your account, you can find that in Tools > Accounts > Your account > SMTP/IMAP. And enable these ports or disable email protection.
Or create an exception for the application itself.

Hope this helps,
Paul.

My question is about your program attempting to download its updates, not email sending and receiving which are working. I should probably define my usage of the word firewall: What I mean is a real firewall, a separate device and not a piece of questionable software running in Windows. As such, a firewall cannot create an exception for an application. All they know is protocols, addresses, and ports. Thank you.

Hi, can you please download this tool (http://www.telerik.com/fiddler), install it on your computer and open it, when you do so go to Tools > Fiddler options > HTTPS and check the “Decrypt HTTPs traffic” option and save the settings.

Keep fiddler open and try to do an update, if the error occurs, go back to fiddler and click on File > Save > Save all sessions, save the archive to .saz archive and send it to me to [email protected] with a reference link to this forum.

Thank you,
Paul.

Unable to use fiddler on my client’s network due to security.

I looked at the firewall’s log when trying update, and determined what was being blocked (.msi file download).  I created an exception in the (real) firewall for emclient.com (168.62.48.183) and that took care of the problem.  Thank you.

Great! Glad to hear you’ve managed to solve the issue and thank you for keeping me updated. If you come across any other issues or questions about the application, let us know, we’ll be happy to help.

Thank you,
Paul.