update to 6.0.20154.0 - can no longer copy & paste anything at all in eM anywhere (urls or text)

Hi again, I’m really glad it works, thank you for posting the solution for other users, I’m sure it’ll come in handy.

Glad you like the application, I hope it stays that way, if you have any other issues or questions, let us know, we’ll be happy to help.

Thank you,
Paul.

Hi all,

I have just spent the last half an hour on the phone with a Webroot support engineer. I have had a couple problems with emClient during the last few weeks: copy/paste, accents (I write in Spanish). All the problems went away when I turned off the identity shield but that’s not a fix!

Anyway, after checking that every thing looked OK, we uninstalled Webroot and then reinstalled it. All issues seemed to have gone away.

Hope this helps someone.

Regards

i cannot cut text in a compose window and then paste into the same window. Cut works, but paste does not work. 

Not using webroot. 

the workaround is to paste into notepad first. then cut from notepad. then you can paste into eM.

eM version 6.0.20498.0

thx

THANK YOU, GEORGE!!! Not being able to cut/copy/paste was driving me nuts!!! I would never have thought to look at webroot and I really appreciate your clear instructions on where, what and how to fix it! Took just a few seconds and I am one happy camper!

Great, glad that it works, let us know if you come across any other issues, or questions, we’ll be happy to help.

Thank you,
Paul.

I cannot COPY in the new eM client which I have just installed. Latest version. 6.0.20899
Nothing seems to work. I have Windows 7 Professional on HP notebook. 
I have installed eM client on older desktop, also with Windows 7 Ultimate, in works there.
Anybody can advise. ?
I have no antivirus, no webroot. 

Hi Peter, what version of Internet Explorer do you have installed on your computer? Can you make sure it’s the latest available version?
If you have the latest available version installed can you also check if you have the option “Allow programmatic clipboard access” set to enable in IE > Internet Options > Security > Custom level?

Thank you,
Paul.

These are the kind of problems that can kill a company.  The lack of interest in solving this and suggesting users find out why it doesn’t work is not an answer.  

The correct response should be to talk to webroot to find out what’s in em client to make it think it’s dangerous.  Could there be some malicious code it sees or thinks it sees?  There are many ways to point blame elsewhere, but the bottom line is anti-virus programs should NOT see a legitimate software product as being listed as DENY.  

Don’t blame webroot for YOUR issues, find out why. . This is been a recurring theme.  Blame everyone else, but don’t actually fix things…

I also use Webroot… and after searching found this issue…  For those who missed it before…

Open WR and in the Security Anywhere box, click the star next to identity protection, then Application Protection and scroll down until you find EM CLIENT. 

Click ALLOW and it seems to restore cut and paste features.

The bottom line is to not keep saying sorry, it’s not our problem, it’s  your problem, thank you for understanding…  IT IS YOUR PROBLEM… The software has many, many issues, but when anti-virus programs think you’re dangerous it is up to the company to fix the problem, not blame others.

This is standard for Em Client… And honestly, it’s one of the most expensive single license email products out there.  The least we should expect is it works. correctly and not get flagged by AV software.

Hi Marty,

You’re right: it would be good if eM Client would contact Webroot to find out why Webroot thinks eM Client is not safe.

But eM Client employees have at least spent time to help customers on this forum give directions how to solve their issue as soon as possible. At least someone seems to appreciate that (from one of the above posts: "thanks for all your help. great support and product.")

You mention that eM Client has many, many issues: please be sure to let eM Client know about those issues: the sooner they know it, the sooner there might be a solution, which is good for all of us.

By the way, I think anti virus software has incorrectly blocked other ‘legal’ programs in the past … after all, also anti virus software can contain bugs, or not?