Update Timing Out

Nearly every time I boot up eM Client I get an automatic update request. When I try to download the update it times out and the connection resets. I never seem to get any further through than download than about half way and it has to restart the download each time. We are on wireless Broadband which can be at times slower than dial-up. The update is 6.0.21040.0     (16/10/2014 10:46:31 AM). I have tried numerous times to download this update and it is the same each and every time. I’m running Windows 8.1 Pro.

Hi Sharon, are you using any firewall, proxy or any other security software on your computer that may have caused this?
Try to download the installer using this link, http://www.emclient.com/dist/v6.0.21364/setup.msi , and install the update.

Hope this helps,
Paul

Well the link doesn’t help any as it gets to no more than 23% of the download and stops. There have been no changes made to firewall or security and it downloaded ok for previous versions of eM Client. I have now found another link to the download through CNET that actually worked. It took two attempts to complete the download, but did not have to start over and over again as it was prone to doing with the link above. Now to see if the update will install successfully.

Well it now tells me I already have a later version installed. Looks like I will have to change to another email program as I am over this one telling me an update is available that is not really an update just a huge problem.

Hi Sharon, I’m sorry for this issue, however I believe this is not caused by eM Client, please try to uninstall eM Client and check if you have the latest available version of .NET framework installed on your computer (4.5.2), you should be able to find the current version in the list of installed programs in control panel.

If you have the latest available version, please try to install the application using the installer downloaded from the link I’ve sent you.

Thank you,
Paul