Unresponsive

I was using eM Client this morning and as I was deleting some messages it became completely unresponsive. I only deleted two messages, one at a time. Now it will not work at all. It opens. My mouse can move the cursor all over the screen but I can’t choose anything, can’t scroll, can’t click on anything. What’s up?

Hi Olga,
sounds like the application froze, have you tried turning it off completely (or killing the process through task manager) and then opening it again?

Regards,
Olivia

Yes, several times. I even uninstalled and reinstalled. After I posted I saw that the automatic backup started (I have it scheduled every night). When it finished, everything was working UNTIL I tried to erase the same message it had stopped on before. I imagine I have to wait until tonight’s back up to try again. I erased that message from the server.

I really need some assistance here. The program is completely unresponsive and I can’t uninstall /re-install it.

Hi Olga,
I was just waiting if the deletion of the message from the server would solve the issue.
Is there any error or crash report message when the program freezes up? Does it happen only when you delete messages? Can’t you end the program through the windows Task Manager?

Regards,
Olivia

See my answer above. I’ve tried that several times. Last night I even went back to an old restore point 2 weeks ago and it is still stuck. There is no error message at all. It won’t uninstall (it “pretends” to but when I reinstall, the same stuck program opens. I can move the mouse cursor over the page but nothing can be clicked on. It is totally unresponsive. Sometimes I can right click and exit the program from the taskbar and sometimes it just remains open and I can’t close it at all.

Hi Olga,
you haven’t really answered if you tried ending the process through Task Manager (hold Ctrl + Alt + Delete > Task manager, choose eM Client and end process).
Let’s try soemthing different though, please try uninstalling the program using the same installer you used to install it instead of windows uninstall tools - http://www.emclient.com/dist/v6.0.234… (latest release) and then try restarting your computer before installing again.
If this doesn’t help either, please tell me what kinds of accounts you have set up (IMAP/POP/Exchange?) so I’ll know if we can try removing the database.

Regards,
Olivia

YES, I’ve tried several times to end the process through Task Manager. Now I tried uninstalling the program with the same installer used to install it (with the link you provided). I restarted the computer, installed it again and it comes back EXACTLY the same as before. I’ve got POP and IMAP accounts set up. If we remove the database won’t all my saved emails and history be deleted?

I really need to access some of my saved emails. Can you help please?

Hi Olga,
that’s why I asked about your database, do not remove it as you would definitely lose your messages.
Please download this tool from our website - http://www.emclient.com/tools/emstack… and run it when eM Client freezes. It will generate a text file. Please send that file to me at [email protected] with a link to this forum topic in the body of the message.

Regards,
Olivia

Just to post an update on this problem, there was an issue with one of the setting options (viewing emoticons) that somehow got the whole database stuck.
We changed the setting back and managed to recover the database and the issue is solved now.

Outstanding support! Thank you so much. I thought for sure everything was gone.