"Unknown Error: Token Element in state TopLevel would result in an invalid XML document."

I am getting a message “Unknown Error: Token Element in state TopLevel would result in an invalid XML document.” This happened after I copied some text and tried to paste it further down in the body of an email I was preparing. It appears that Copy and Paste is broken! I can’t tell you what version of eM Client I am using. I checked properties and nothing shows up for a product version. Help?

Hello Ann, not quite sure what you’re referring to, what version of eM Client are you currently using on your computer, can you please check the exact release number in Help > About?

What mail service are you using with eM Client? Can you please make a screenshot of the error and when it occurs switch to the log tab in Operations, copy the content of the log and submit it to us here on forum for more information about the error?

Regards,

Version is under Help>About

I replied to Paul at Technical Support using email address [email protected], My email was undeliverable. I have screen shots included in the email. What is the correct email address to use? The “noreply” one? 

The email server software we are using is Kerio Connect.

eM Client version on my work computer: 6.0.23181.0

I can’t display the operations log until I clear the “Token Element” error window. eM Client is “frozen”. My choices are to “X” out, or to hit OK. Either way, there is no information remaining in the Log pertaining to the error. 

There is nothing in the Error section of Operations.

Hello, no this is not the correct reply address, as a Free license user you’re not entitled to priority support thus you’re only entitled to use this community support forum for resolving issues with the application, please submit the screenshots to us here on forum for more information.

Not quite sure what “Token element” error window you’re referring to. If there’s an error thrown in the Operations window, please switch to the log tab in Operations, copy the content of the log and submit it to us here on forum for more information.

Regards,

Problem description continued…

At this point, eM Client is frozen. I can’t do anything until I click OK or X on the above screen. 

SO I can’t display the current information in Operations. 

After I click X on the Unknown Error screen (above), I select Tools > Operations. 

See screen shots. There is nothing about the Unknown Error.

So I checked the Operations Log to see if there was anything useful. 

Is there any option in eM Client to have a more detailed error level? 

I don’t mind that eM Client won’t paste into any area that is part of the Signature block, but I do mind that it won’t paste into the body of the email when I copy from a prior email in the same chain. 

And just when I thought this couldn’t get any worse, I found the following. 
I was replying to an email (with history). In the current email (my reply), I decided that I wanted one line of text in a different place in the body of the email. I used Copy to copy that line, and then Paste to place the line where I wanted it to go. Guess what? Unknown Error: Token Element etc…

Hello, I’m afraid this might be caused by the message you’re replying to, can you please export the message you have issues while replying and submit the example message to us for more information. We’ll try to replicate the issue or find the invalid formatting if possible. But I’m afraid this issue may have occurred on your mail server or on the sender’s side.

To export the message use the “forward as attachment” option available by right clicking the message or drag and drop the message onto your desktop to export it and add it as an attachment to your message.

Regards,