Undo move message to folder

Can you please implement Undo for moving a mail message to a folder? My other email clients, as well as the Gmail web interface, have this feature. For example, in Windows 10 Mail and in Gmail web, if I accidentally move a mail message to the wrong folder (which is easy to do when I’m quickly processing my emails using key commands), a special “Undo” appears (near the top of the browser window in Gmail, and at the bottom of the message list in Win10 Mail), allowing me to Undo the most recent move (or the most recent archive).

I’m not looking for this “Undo move” feature to work like the normal undo/redo stack (which I understand would be very difficult to implement). All I’m asking for is a single-action “Undo move” or “Undo archive” feature (outside of the undo/redo stack).

Thanks!

sounds oK notsure why this was questioned?

Hi,

I’ve added your idea to our list of feature requests - thank you for the suggestion.

Regards,
Dave

Thanks Dave!

(BTW, I’m loving Beta 7 so far!)

Hi everybody,
Any news on this topic? Meanwhile we’re on version 9, I’m new to emClient and this is so far the only feature I’m missing.
Thanks for listening.
Wolfgang

You can use Ctrl + Z.

It works to undo the last action on both move to folder, and archive.

Sorry but no! Works for message delete but nur for message move. :slightly_frowning_face:
This does not have to explicitly be enabled?

No, just move a message by right-click and choosing Move to Folder. As soon as the message is moved, use Ctrl + Z to put it back.

Hi Gary, thanks for your help, but does what you suggest work on your computer? Because it does not on mine. Also imho, undo should work for both, move by mouse or by right click. Thank you anyway. :+1:t3:

Hi there, did Ctrl + z work for anybody to undo moving a mail to another folder by mouse? Or is there any other solution to undo it without navigate to the folder…

ctrl + z doesn’t work for me to undo moving a mail to another folder by rightclick… either.