Unable to synchronise hotmail contacts

After adding my hotmail account using Exchange protocol (as advised by an emClient support person), my contacts can not be synchronised at all, leaving me with no contact information, which makes emClient almost useless for sending emails.

I am using version 7.0.26567.0 and get the following error each time synchronisation takes place:

"Synchronising folder ‘/Contacts’ failed due to the following error: Invalid data source operation. There was a problem accesing Active Directory. Check your network connections and try again."

This only affects contacts - emails synchronise ok, so it is presumably not a network connection issue.

I have raised this issue on another thread and directly with the support person who previously advised me, but have not had any reply after 3 weeks, so am reposting in the hope that I might get a response. I’ve also seen another person with what looks like the same problem, but no solution has been given.

This issue is making emClient unusable for me and the lack of response from the support team is very poor. I was considering buying the Pro version, but my experience so far is not making me feel that this company is worth giving money to. I’m hoping to be proved wrong…

Hello Lindsey,

Thank you for bringing your issue to our attention. We will try to help although we would like to remind you that no employee support is guaranteed for users with Free license, as opposed to Pro users who are guaranteed a reply in 48 hours during work days.

In order for us to have a closer look, could you please go to Menu -> Tools -> Settings -> Advanced -> Logging and turn on logging for the ‘Exchange Web Services’ for the hotmail account that displays the error message? The next time the error you are describing pops up, please go again to Logging, click on Send Longs and copy here the content of the .log file/s with the name of the hotmail account’s address.

Regards,
Maurice

Thanks for your reply. I have tried copying the content of one of the .log files here, but get an error when I try to submit it (too much data?). I will send the log files with a reference to this problem - hope that is ok?

Hello Lindsey,

you can send the logs to [email protected]. For now, I would recommend installing the latest eM CLient update 7.0.27943.0 available at http://www.emclient.com/release-history

Thank you,
Maurice

I have updated to the latest version as recommended, but the problem is still there. Log files sent to [email protected] as suggested.

Thanks.

Hello Lindsey,

After looking at the log it seems that there are some incorrect settings at the server or some problems with the network. Could you please try contacting the hotmail support?

Regards,
Maurice

Thanks Maurice. I will try contacting hotmail support, but to be honest, I don’t hold out much hope :(.

Can you suggest anything specific to ask them about?

Hello Lindsey,

We would suggest contacting them with the error message that you described in your first post. We’re sorry that you are experiencing this issue, hopefully the server support will be able to resolve it.

Regards,
Maurice

Hi

I have been experiencing this exact same problem - i.e. emClient will not synchronise the Contacts with an Outlook account, with same error messages as shown above.  This has been happening ever since I installed emClient recently. 

There is clearly a general problem here that I would suggest it is down to emClient to get resolved - we’re only simple end users, so why should we have to wrangle with Microsofts / Hotmail / Outlook Support people in order to get it fixed!? 

Come on emClient, you’ve got a great product, but you’re letting yourself down here.

Chris

Hello Chris,

Thank you for the feedback. We’re very sorry that you’re experiencing this issue. We do pay attention to things that inconvenience our users, but in all the logs that we saw that were related to this error, this is what happens: eM Client sends a regular request to the server bur the server doesn’t respond. It is therefore needed for the server technicians to look at what is going on.

Could we please ask if your account is set up as an Exchange? If it is and you still get this error, you can send us the logs by following the above instructions. We will have a look at them to see if it is also the case described above or omething else.

Regards,
Maurice