Unable to send Gmail

Able to send from other mail clients without issue, Antivirus & malware scanners completely uninstalled to rule that out, still having the issue. I have seen many mentions of this in the forums in the past, & tried all the suggested solutions but nothing has gotten it working yet. On Windows 11, eM client 9.2.2157 (5b49542).

Here are the logs captured when attempting to send:
4:31:17 PM myemail SMTP Connecting: To myemail
4:31:27 PM myemail [SMTP] MailClient.Accounts.SocketException: Connection failed due to the following reason:
" Received an unexpected EOF or 0 bytes from the transport stream."
at MailClient.Protocols.Smtp.SmtpSendCommand.Connect(WorkerStatus status)
at MailClient.Protocols.Smtp.SmtpSendCommand.Execute(WorkerStatus status)
at MailClient.Commands.Command.Process(WorkerStatus status)
— End of stack trace from previous location —
at MailClient.Reminders.ReminderManager.TimerSendLaterTrigger(Object sender, ElapsedEventArgs e)
EnqueuedStackTrace =
at MailClient.Protocols.Smtp.SmtpAccount.<>c__DisplayClass5_0.b__0()
at MailClient.Protocols.Common.AccountBase.RunIfOnline(Action actionIfOnline, Action actionIfOffline)
at MailClient.Protocols.Smtp.SmtpAccount.SendAsync(IEnumerable1 items, Action1 sentItem, Action1 completed, CancellationToken cancellationToken) at MailClient.Accounts.BindingAccountBase.<>c__DisplayClass84_0.<SendAsync>b__1(ISendAccount1 sendAccount)
at System.Linq.Enumerable.SelectListIterator2.MoveNext() at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.WhenAll(IEnumerable1 tasks)
at MailClient.Accounts.BindingAccountBase.SendAsync(CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at MailClient.Accounts.AccountManager.SendInternalAsync(IAccount account, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at MailClient.Accounts.AccountManager.SendAsync(IAccount account, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at MailClient.Reminders.ReminderManager.<>c.b__80_1(IAccount a)
at System.Linq.Enumerable.SelectEnumerableIterator2.MoveNext() at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.WhenAll(IEnumerable1 tasks)
at MailClient.Reminders.ReminderManager.TimerSendLaterTrigger(Object sender, ElapsedEventArgs e)
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncMethodBuilderCore.Start[TStateMachine](TStateMachine& stateMachine)
at System.Timers.Timer.MyTimerCallback(Object state)
at System.Threading.TimerQueueTimer.<>c.<.cctor>b__27_0(Object state)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Threading.TimerQueueTimer.CallCallback(Boolean isThreadPool)
at System.Threading.TimerQueueTimer.Fire(Boolean isThreadPool)
at System.Threading.TimerQueue.FireNextTimers()
at System.Threading.TimerQueue.AppDomainTimerCallback(Int32 id)
at System.Threading.UnmanagedThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteUnmanagedThreadPoolWorkItem(IntPtr callback, IntPtr state)
at System.Threading.UnmanagedThreadPoolWorkItem.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.Execute()
at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()
at System.Threading.PortableThreadPool.WorkerThread.WorkerThreadStart()
at System.Threading.Thread.StartCallback()
GUIStatus_Exception_Reported = True

Able to send from other mail clients without issue, Antivirus & malware scanners completely uninstalled to rule that out, still having the issue.

Also sometimes eg: optionally installed Firewall / Security programs or VPN’s can cause issues. So if you have any of those optionally installed completely disable those as well to test.

Received an unexpected EOF or 0 bytes from the transport stream.

That error might also be related to the TLS version installed. You need “at least TLS 1.2 installed”. My Windows 11 Pro has TLS 1.2 & TLS 1.3 installed and sends email ok using eM Client 9.2.2157.

If you already have them both installed, try eg: “Unchecking them and then click Ok” to remove them. Then “Enable both of them again” and then reboot your computer and see if that makes any difference.

Note: eM Client as far as i know still only uses TLS 1.2 from what iv’e read in other posts. So try “disabling them both”, and then try enabling only TLS1.2 on its own and see if that will allow you to send without that error to see if its got anything to do with the TLS Transport Layer Security protocols.

Apart from that "check you have the latest Windows NET Framework files and have done all the latest Windows 11 updates. Latest MS offical update is Windows version 23H2.

Apart from that as you have the latest eM Client 9.2.2157 and Windows 11, could be your SMTP settings possibly are incorrect. Go to “Menu / Accounts” and click on your account on the left. Then click the SMTP tab along the top and update in this thread your “Server address, Port and Security policy”.

Thank you for the suggestions so far. Here’s what I have in place:

Port 465 was also tried.
I tried Force SSL/TLS, Use SSL/TLS if available, & Use SSL/TLS Legacy on the smtp page, none worked…

dotnet framework versions:
3.0.103 [C:\Program Files\dotnet\sdk]
8.0.204 [C:\Program Files\dotnet\sdk]

currently updating windows with 23H2

As I mentioned above, all antivirus / malware tools were uninstalled completely to rule them out. I do not use a vpn or proxy on this computer.

Finally got it going on these settings after windows update

1 Like