Unable to send file as attachment from within Microsoft Office 2016 using eM Client. Only Outlook. I am using Windows 10.

I have the same issue. I’m running Windows 10 and MS Office 16. All default (including at file level and protocol level) are set to EM Client. I have tried going into MS Outlook and unchecking the box that makes it the default. I’ve run a Regedit suggested on a different site (see below), but no matter what I do, sharing files from Word launches MS Outlook. Sharing files by right-clicking in Windows Explorer used to launch Outlook but after the regedit, it just fails.

Following is the Regedit:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Clients\Mail]
@=“eM Client”

I believe this is some restriction purposely added by Microsoft.

Instead of using Share in Explorer you can use Send To. Right-click on the file in Explorer and choose Send To > Mail Recipient.

If Mail recipient does not work, you can add eM Client to the context menu.

Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\eM Client and right-click on the MailClient.exe file.

Choose Create Shortcut. This will create a shortcut on your desktop. Move that shortcut to C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\SendTo

So it looks nice rename the file from MailClient - Shortcut to eM Client.

Now when you right-click on a file in Explorer, you get the eM Client option.

Thanks @Gary for the detailed response. It took me a while because nothing mapped to what your suggested. My “send to” function does not contain Emclient and there is nothing under Program Files (x86) that contains “emclient”. I did a complete search for all files containing “emclient” and there were no exe’s except for emclientstore.exe. I am attaching a screen shot of on page of the results sorted by file type.

I know there must be a program file somewhere and am baffled that I can’t find it.

lunes 09 noviembre 2020 :: 1635hrs (UTC +01:00)

Hi @eoshine

The file you should be looking for is MAILCLIENT.EXE which you should find in:
(C:) Program Files ->eM Client

¡Saludos desde la soleada España!

Skybat

[email protected]

That is because you are using the Windows Store version of eM Client. Sorry about that.

My advice to you is to make a backup (Menu > Backup) then uninstall that version. They are way out of date.

Then download and install the latest version of eM Client from the Release History.

When you start eM Client, if your data is not there, use Menu > File > Restore and select the backup you just made in the Store version.

You can then create the Send To shortcut as I described above.

1 Like

Ha. Not only did installing the more recent version fix the Send To issue in Windows explorer, it also fixed the issue with sharing documents from within Microsoft apps. Thank you so much!

1 Like