Unable to restore from backup

I was able to restore the file once, but as explained in earlier posts, it disappeared when emclient synced with the server. I then disabled sync on start up, and tried to restore again, but received error message:

System.IO.IOException: Access to the path ‘C:\Users\Jerry\AppData\Roaming\eM Client’ is denied.
at System.IO.FileSystem.MoveDirectory(String sourceFullPath, String destFullPath)
at System.IO.Directory.Move(String sourceDirName, String destDirName)
at MailClient.DbBackup.FormBackup.Restore(String backupFile, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at MailClient.DbBackup.FormBackup.Restore(CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at MailClient.DbBackup.FormBackup.<>c__DisplayClass28_0.<MainForm_Load>b__0(Object a, DoWorkEventArgs b)
at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnDoWork(DoWorkEventArgs e)
at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.WorkerThreadStart(Object argument)

What do I do to restore my files? I understand the concept of not allowing emclient to sync until after I have transferred some files to my local folders.

Disconnect from the Internet, do the restore, move the messages to Local Folders, reconnect to the Internet.

Thanks, Gary. I had to quit and restart eM Client before the restore of the backup would work. I was able to recover what I thought I had lost. Thanks, again.

Jerry