unable to reinstall

Hi,

today my eM Client stopped working telling me that there had been a problem with the database witch could not be solved automaticaly.
I deleted the db as I saw in another post in this form, didnt help.
Then I used the repair mode of the setup.msi, but same thing. It says it cant repair db and I should contact support.
Then I deinstalled eM Client, killed all registry entries and tried to install again.
Unfortionately no luck, same thing.
I’m using Windows 8.1 64 Bit and a professional licence of eM Client.
Any ideas?
thanks markus

Hi, do you know what version have you been installing, or had installed on your computer?
Can you please make a screenshot of what’s displayed if you try to open the application, are any errors showed?

What database files have you deleted? Did you delete the database from your Roaming folder?

Thank you,
Paul.

latest version

I uninstalled the app, deleted all database also in the roaming folder.
The Error Message appears after reinstalling the app und launching it.

Hello I’m experiencing the same issue. 

Hi again Markus, just to make sure, how did you delete the database? Have you deleted the whole eM client directory from the roaming folder or the files inside the folder only?

Thank you,
Paul.

Hi Jessica, have you deleted the database just as Markus? If so, can you please comment on how did you delete the database?

Thank you,
Paul.

I uninstalled via the setup.exe and deleted the roaming folder

Hi Markus, have you deleted the Roaming folder or the eM Client folder inside the Roaming folder?
If you’ve deleted the eM Client folder, can you please send me an email with a reference link to this forum topic to my email, [email protected]?

Thank you,
Paul.

Any progress on that?
Its a bit annoying, I bought a program witch stop working all of a sudden and I’m not able to reinstall to use is.

Hi Markus, yes we’ve discussed this, I suggested to you that you send me an email with a reference link to this forum topic, have you done so?

Thank you,
Paul.

yes, a couple of days ago.

Hi again Markus, sorry but I have not received any messages from you, can you possibly try to send it again to [email protected] and make sure you include a reference link to this forum topic?

Thank you,
Paul.

ok, done.

To anyone following this issue, the issue has been caused by the existing eM Client folder under Active Directory Roaming folder. Since the folder could not be deleted, renaming the folder would enable eM Client to create a new database.

Regards,
Paul.