Unable to re-install client

ZZZZ

martes 09 mayo 2023 :: 1230hrs (UTC +0100)

Hey @norfintork

OK, so you can not install eMC - the error message is telling you why, there is a problem with the Windows installer package.
This is not an eMC problem it is Microsoft Windows.
You have not said your version of Windows so I can not give you a link, however, it is easy to find and resolve by searching on internet for a fix,

skybat

¡Los mejores deseos desde Jerez de la Frontera y mantente a salvo!

[email protected]

Hablo español, luego portugués, inglés, francés y alemán
con conocimiento de varios otros idiomas.

1 Like

Your conclusion assumes that nothing can be installed at all. Other applications can be installed. I can’t say if each of them uses all the installer services of the required by the eMC client, but out of three programs, eMC is the only one not installing. Is there a specific feature that eMC uses? I did use “MicrosoftProgram_Install_and_Uninstall.meta.diagcab” which said it "fixed"it. This PC is Win7. I run financials on another dedicated Win10 system.

@norfintork

eMC is the only one not installing. Is there a specific feature that eMC uses?

We don’t know on this free forum all the various components that are required in the OS for eM Client to install. Only that if you get an error (like in your screenshot) it generally refers the a problem with your OS somewhere as @skybat advised.

I can only suggest you try the Microsoft installer / uninstaller troubleshooter via the following link further down this post which suits everything from Windows 7 - 10.

Failing that try downloading eM Client directly from the release history page incase the version you have is possibly corrupted.

Lastly if still won’t install maybe suggest to either eg: upgrade Win 7 to Win 10 or install eM Client on your other Win 10 computer.

(Fix Windows problems that block programs from being installed or removed).

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/fix-problems-that-block-programs-from-being-installed-or-removed-cca7d1b6-65a9-3d98-426b-e9f927e1eb4d

Note: If you do get it installed on Win 7, you will also normally need to enable TLS 1.2 in the OS if you want to use secure mail via (SSL) etc. See the following website link for info on how to do that.