Unable to login to 2nd gmail account

Hi,

I’m not able to add any additional gmail accounts to eM Client.

When setting up the second gmail account, I get the gmail logon page, I enter the user name and password and click on “Sign In” but nothing happens.  If I enter an incorrect password I get “The email or password entered is incorrect” which is expected.  When I enter the correct password nothing happens, the page does not refresh and no error message is displayed.  I’ve tried with different gmail accounts but nothing works.

I can add other pop3 accounts no problem.

Thanks

Hi Pierre,
have you tried manual setup through the New Account > Mail > Gmail or just the Automatic setup?

Best regards,
Olivia

I started from an outlook import which didn’t work (the account was imported but I could not authenticate!).  Then I deleted the account from eM and recreated it through Automatic Setup and manual Mail > Gmail with the same result.  I managed to get it working by creating the account using the “other” and manually entering the server info but that does not sync my contacts/calendar…

Yes, the other option cant be set up for contacts and calendar.
Do the automatic and manual set up cause any pop-ups at all? Even blank ones? Errors?

I’m getting the gmail login popup where I enter my user name and password.  I can click in “Sign In” and that’s it, nothing happens.

Can you take a screenshot for me? (blurr out any personal information of course)

Unfortunately I uninstalled eM client and after reinstalling I can no longer import any accounts from my outlook.  http://grabilla.com/05a13-42c471da-b090-4376-a9e3-e6f3b578343b.html#

Now with a fresh eM Client install and no account setup, I get the same problem with my gmail account: http://grabilla.com/05a13-cbe63eef-baf5-47a3-be37-6cf5a0807fdb.html#.  I click on “Sign In” and nothing happens.

Hi Pierre,
the error with importing from PST is actually a known issue at the moment, but I can’t offer you any solution right now.
As for the gmail account, nothing happens? The “next” option doesnt become available? Are you using 2-step verification on your google account that could be blocking it? Are you able to login to your gmails through Internet Explorer?

Best regards,
Olivia

I’m not using 2-step verification.  The “next” option where you allow eM to access gmail’s feature never shows up.  It almost look like the Sign In" button doesn’t do anything at all!

If I click on cancel a dialogbox says “Authentication process is not finished. Do you really want to cancel the process?”

Are you able to login to your gmails through Internet Explorer?

Best regards,
Olivia

The account works from any browsers, outlook, my android phone/tablet…  The problem is not with the account.