Unable to inport previous emails on setup

I just upgraded to v8.1.979 a few days ago and I selected to import the data from my earlier version.The folders and all the settings migrated across but I can’t see any of my old emails. I followed the import steps, but that didn’t work.

I have found a DAT file with a date prior to the day I upgraded in my C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Roaming\eM Client folder.

Is that the file that holds all my previous emails?

I’m not very tachy, so any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

From which version are you upgrading?

Hello Gary:
I’m sorry I don’t know which version. I installed it in 2015. I’m guessing it was 6.

Best regards,
Debra

If the import was not complete, you can try it again assuming you did not choose to delete the old data after the first import.

Go to Menu > File > Import > eM Client 6.

Thanks Gary. I tried that but cant seem to find the right directory.

One more clue, the old emails that were still in my inbox are still there, but any old emails that I moved to subfolders to sort/store them are the ones missing.

Can you tell me the filename or filetype that I am looking for? What kind of file am I looking for? *.pst, *.dat ???

What file type does EMClient use for Email files?

I found a flle called mail_data.dat file with the right date and very large size. Is this where the emails are stored?

Best regards,
Debra

If, after the version 6 import, you selected to delete the old data, it will no longer be there.

eM Client is not looking for a particular file, but a whole directory for the import. Yes, the mail_data.dat is part of the database, and if there is a large file with the right date, that could indicate it is the correct directory.