Unable to GAL option after configuring MAPI Account.

I have installed eMClient 6 & I have configured my MAPI mailbox in the same. It works fine with many aspects upto my expectations. The only challenge I have is with Contacts. After configuring my MAPI Mailbox, I can’t find the GAL (Global Address Book). Due to which, if I wanna search for anybody’s contact no. it does not give me any information. The contacts which displays are only the one which were saved in my Contacts profile. Even if, I try to click on any Email Address in the compose box to find the details of that specific users such as Address of the Users / Phone No. etc. Please help me out to have a turn around or alternative to have my Exchange Address Book.

Hi Samson, I understand that you’re using Exchange, unfortunately at this moment the Global Address Book is only supported while composing a new message, if you type in a name/email address into the To field, the auto-complete feature should show the contacts from the Global Address Book.

Hope this helps,
Paul.

Thank You for your Reply.

The auto-complete feature only displays the Email Id, but, doesnot give the contact details if double click on it too.

Please suggest me some turn around.

This is currently not possible unfortunately, however we’re currently working on this feature and hopefully it will be available in future releases.

Thank you for understanding,
Paul.

When will the new release be declared.? Will that also include the rights of adding the delegated mailboxes. Like I have access to other Mailbox inside my Default Mailbox.

Btw, thanks for your comments… Awaiting your assistance further on few queries.

Unfortunately I can not confirm a date for releasing this feature as it is currently unknown.
What do you mean by adding a feature for delegated accounts, this feature is currently supported for Exchange.

Thank you,
Paul.

For an Eg: Adding a new mailbox in my primary mailbox. 

Sorry, not really sure what this is related to, can you please specify the question?

Thank you,
Paul.

In Outlook we can add new mailbox within a Primary Mailbox. For Eg: When I configure my mailbox in Outlook say [email protected] & I also have access to common Mailbox named [email protected]… Then, I can access the same ITChase Mailbox by adding it into my Primary Mailbox. I have to go to the Properties >> Advanced Tab >> Click on “ADD” >> & Type in Mailbox name to get added in the same. After clicking OK., it reflects below my Primary Mailbox.

This reminds me of delegation, if you have delegation setup in your webmail settings of your Exchange account, the accounts should appear automatically, but you can not add other mailboxes from eM Client.
But you should have access to the delegation settings if you right click your Exchange account in the left sidebar and select “Delegation”.

Hope this helps,
Paul.