Unable to delete or rename a folder

I created a sub-folder in a POP account.  Unable to delete it, I right click on it and Delete is greyed out.  Or, if it cannot be deleted, how can I rename it.  Rename is not on the list or in Properties.

Hi, if you right click the subfolder is “Rename” option missing?
What mail service are you using and what version of eM Client are you currently using? Can you make a screenshot of your subfolder tree in the left sidebar, showing this folder?

Thank you,
Paul.

Latest version.  I had tried making a Contacts folder in a pop account.  Later I found a old posting that this is not supported (should be, but that is another subject).  I think the problem is that you have hard coding for any folder with the name Contacts, even it that folder name is of type:email and under a pop account.

Hi, what mail service are you using? I’m not sure if I understand the issue, you have a contacts folder under your mail folders, are you trying to save your contacts in this folder? That is not possible, this folder can only be used for emails.

Thank you,
Paul.

Unable to delete or rename a folder. I created a sub-folder in a POP account.  Unable to delete it, I right click on it and Delete is greyed out.  Or, if it cannot be deleted, how can I rename it.  Rename is not on the list or in Properties.  Latest version.  I had tried making a Contacts folder in a pop account.  Later I found a old posting that this is not supported (should be, but that is another subject).  I think the problem is that you have hard coding for any folder with the name Contacts, even it that folder name is of type:email and under a pop account.

Hi again, what mail service are you using with this pop account, and what version of eM Client exactly are you currently using (help > about).
As I mentioned previously even if the folder wasn’t corrupt and could be deleted/renamed, it still couldn’t serve as a contacts folder, only the contacts view and contacts folders in that view can manage your contacts.

Thank you,
Paul.

Also you can try to right click the subfolder and select Properties > Repair and click on the “Repair” button,
let me know if that helped anything.

Thank you,
Paul.

The behavior is the same for any POP account regardless of the mail service, I tried several.

I am just trying to delete a useless folder.  If I create a folder named Kontacts it can be deleted.  If I create a folder named Contacts it cannot be deleted.

There is no Repair in Properties.  This is a POP account.

Hi again, I’ve replicated the issue and reported it to the developers, I’ll keep you posted on a possible solution to this issue.

Thank you,
Paul.

Hi again, just to let you know, I was just notified by the developers that the issue will be fixed in next release of eM Client.

Thank you for reporting this issue and sorry for the inconvenience,
Paul.