two new messages

When the error occurs, can you please switch to the Log tab in the operations window and copy the content of the Log and post it here on the forum?

Thank you,
Paul.

I have Contacts folder checked AND I just checked the Local Folders Contacts folders also.  That brought back my distribution lists.

Paul, the screen print I posted a bit earlier is the same error on the contacts sync issue.  But of course the main issue was the dup email creation when I click new email and the file request for updates.  I will post both or I can email directly to you - your choice.

Hi Timothy, please send me the logs from the Log tab, we’re currently inspecting the double new window issue, but it may take some time, as it’s a bit hard to replicate the issue.
As to the installation (cd rom) issue, we’re currently in contact with Marcelo and trying to get him rid off this issue, if we’re successful, I’ll send you the solution.

Thank you,
Paul.

Please go to Tools > Settings > Advanced and turn on GData logging for the problematic account, save the settings, restart the application and replicate the issue, when the error occurs, please right click your gmail contacts folder “Contacts” and again try to Repair the folder.

After you do this and the issue persists, please go back to the advanced settings window and click on “Send logs” and send the logs to my email [email protected] with a reference link to this forum topic.

Thank you,
Paul.

Will do Paul.
I want to make sure my settings are correct.  I am syncing with Gmail contacts;  in EM Client I have Contacts checked, then My Contacts subfolder checked.
Additionally, I do NOT have Local Folders checked - I had checked that earlier in order to “test” the sync issue.
Do I have all boxes checked correctly?
thanks

Hi again Timothy, not really sure what you’re referring to, if you want to repair the folder, you have to repair each of your folders separately, by checking the boxes all the checked contact folders will not be repaired only the one you’ve right clicked.

Thank you,
Paul.

Hi again Timothy, if you’ll again have some issues with the “cdrom” message during update or installation, after the installation, please check what version you’re using.
I’ll send you a link for the installer to your current version and you’ll have to uninstall and install the application from THAT installer.

With your next update the issue should not reoccur.

Thank you,
Paul.

Hi Paul,

Finally, I’ve found THE TRIGGER…

1- Open a TEMPLATE NEW MESSAGE
2- Now, everytime I try to start a NEW message (opening a NEW one) then not only one NEW window but TWO NEW windows pop-up here…

Ta-daaaaaaaa

So, I have to close the program and when I restart it the problem ‘vanished’…
…but only 'till I don’t ‘dare’ to use a TEMPLATE again…

Hi, if you’re having an issue with the double compose message window, please try to install this update http://www.emclient.com/dist/v6.0.21146/setup.msi and check if the issue persists.
If you come across this or any other issues or questions, we’ll be happy to help.

Thank you,
Paul.