Turn-off One Email Account

I have been using eMC with two email accounts (one gmail and one pop3). Everything worked just fine.

Now Godaddy is forcing all domain-based email users to switch to a Microsoft 365 server. (I don’t want this. I don’t need it). So my old POP3 account no longer works with goddaddy. I was able to setup a new eMC account that connects to godaddy. It works okay but eMC keeps trying to download email from the non-working POP account and giving me errors.

How do I stop this? How do I turn the old account off? The only way appears to be to remove the old account – but that means deleting all my old email and folders. I suppose I could export and import the messages but that never works without some problem.

My question: Is there a way to de-activate, turn-off the old account without removing it? (seems like there should be).

You can stop your POP account in eM Client from sending and receiving email.

Go to “Menu / Accounts”. Then click on your POP account on the left and click the “General” tab at the top. Next at the very bottom, “Remove the checkbox” marked “Include when sending/receiving emails” and “Save & Close”.

You can then drag all your old account pop mail and messages to your new email account if you want to, or just leave it there for historic purposes.

Wow. That was a really helpful post. Thank you very much!

1 Like

This doesn’t work for me on an imap account. Any ideas why not?
Box unticked and saved but emails keep coming in on 2 devices.

@cowboystu

This doesn’t work for me on an imap account. Any ideas why not?
Box unticked and saved but emails keep coming in on 2 devices.

IMAP is different as its realtime mail from the server. You can however stop the synchronising of the Inbox. See the post from @Gary on the following thread.

https://forum.emclient.com/t/can-i-disable-mail-retrieve/86670/3