Trouble setting up BT mail IMAP account

Hi, my email account has just been moved from the old BT yahoo servers to the new BT mail servers.

I cannot get emclient to work using the imap settings at http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44917/?s_intcid=con_searchpriority_imapsmtp .

If I use the auto setup, then emclient sets up a pop account which works.

I need to set up an imap account though, and when I use the manual setup and put in the settings from BT the account fails. Using Diagnostics and Fix does not help. I have tried all the different settings on the Security Policy dropdown.

I found a question on this from 2 months ago which did not seem to have been resolved. I really like emclient so hope that there is an answer to this.

Dave

Hi can you make a screenshot of your current account setting from Tools > Accounts > Your account > IMAP/SMTP tab?
What version of eM client are you currently using?

Thank you,
Paul.

Hi Paul, I’m using em client 6.0.20154.0 on windows 7. Screenshots are attached.
Thanks,
Dave

Error after Diagnose:

Error after Fix:

Hi, I’m having trouble finding any information to the new server/protocol settings of btinternet, since you claim they’ve moved from the yahoo mail.

Since all the available settings on their website is still settings for the yahoo mail, can you please try contacting btinternet support whether they could provide you with a new setup information.

Thank you for understanding,
Paul.

Hi, the link in the original post, http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44917/?s_intcid=con_searchpriority_imapsmtp , is the settings for the new bt mail.

When I use these settings for pop with em client, everything works fine.

When I use these settings for imap with thunderbird, everything works fine.

The problem does seem to be just with imap on em client.

Thanks,
Dave

Can you please go to Tools > Settings > Advanced and turn on IMAP logging for the account? Save the settings and restart the application, try to the fix (diagnose) on the account and go back to the advanced settings window and click on send logs … please send the logs to [email protected] and include a reference link to this forum topic please.

It’s quite a tricky situation, are you sure you’re using the exact same settings with Thunderbird? The diagnose feature is showing that your credentials were rejected which is an answer from the server you’re trying to connect to, you can maybe try using the login credentials without the @btinternet.com part even though the setup suggest it has to be included.

Thank you,
Paul.

Thanks, I’ve just sent the logs.

I just rechecked imap on thunderbird and it’s working with these settings, as long as I set the Authentication method to “Normal password”. If I set it to “Encrypted password” then it fails.

Dave

Hi, for anyone following this issue, this issue was resolved in this update (http://www.emclient.com/dist/v6.0.20458/setup.msi), btinternet server was returning incorrect values while trying to connect to IMAP.

Paul.

Great support from Paul in resolving this issue - many thanks!

Thank you, if you come across any other issues or questions, let us know, we’ll be happy to help!

Paul.