Tried to downgrade back to Version 8

As my Version 9 still will not download my emails from server POP3, I decided to downgrade back to Version 8.
I found the Help information, and exported all data, uninstalled Version 9, and downloaded Version 8.
However, Version 8 would not commence until I updated it, which turns out to be Version 9!
So I am back where I started!!! Not good.

However, Version 8 would not commence until I updated it.

When you opened V8 after install, did you not get an option to skip the update ?

Also are you using Windows or Mac ?

When I opened V8 after install, it gave me the option to skip the update (ā€˜Cancelā€™), but when I selected ā€˜Cancelā€™, V8 wouldnā€™t open and then nothing happened. The only option that worked was to update which gave me V9.
Iā€™m using Windows 10 - Iā€™ve been using Windows and eM Client for years, and never had any problems, until this V9!

I found the Help information, and exported all data, uninstalled Version 9, and downloaded Version

After exporting your local data and uninstalling V9, Did you ā€œdelete or renameā€ the V9 database as per below instructions before re-installing and reopening V8.

https://support.emclient.com/index.php?/default_import/Knowledgebase/Article/View/195/0/how-can-i-downgrade-back-to-em-client-8-em-client-7-or-older

As described in the support article, I exported the settings from version 9.
Then I successfully installed version 8 and deleted the database.
However, I cannot import the settings exported from version 9 into version 8. I get the error message that the settings were exported from a newer version and therefore cannot be imported.
If the old version canā€™t handle the new database or the exported settings, then the whole downgrade makes no sense - or am I missing something else?

You canā€™t export the settings for use in an older version. You can only export the data.

sƔbado 21 mayo 2022 :: 1202hrs (UTC +01:00)

Hey @root66

Ifā€¦ you stil have an eMC Backup of your v8 installation prior to v9 inatall
Delete everything, reinstall v8 from:
https://www.emclient.com/dist/v8.2.1706/setup.msi (the latest version)
Do not continue to setup accounts etc during reinstall but run Menu ->File -Restore (poit to location of Backup file)
This will complete setup to where you were prior to v9 install.

Ā”Saludos desde la soleada Barcelona en EspaƱa!
Ā”Mis mejores deseos y mantente a salvo!

Skybat
[email protected]

Hablo espaƱol, luego portuguƩs e inglƩs, con conocimiento de varios otros idiomas.

1 Like