Trash won't empty properly

Once again I am having problems with the trash. For some reason it seems I am unbale to empty what I put in the trash properly, when I click to empty it nothing happens?
If I go into trash and try to look at the emails by opening one of them it seems nothing happens with that either which is very confusing.

So just to recap trash says I have emails that shows in the pane where it says at the top (sorted by and the date) but in the right hand pane it’s blank?

I could delete eM Client & reinstall it which does solve the problem but it just happens again anyway, this is so frustrating!
I have tried the repair tool too on trash but that does nothing, I have the latest version of eM Client 9.1.2109

Anyone know what’s going on here?

Please close eM Client and open a Windows Command Prompt. Not a powershell, but a command prompt.

Paste in this command:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\eM Client\MailClient.exe" /dbrepair

When that is done, start eM Client.

Thanks. I tried what you said but it didn’t work. I ended up deleting the email account as appose to eM Client itself and reinstalling it again which has worked but the question is how long for as this problem seems to reoccur, time will tell I suppose…
Thanks again anyhow, I’ll remember that procedure you suggested for another time, might come in handy : -)