Trash folder will not empty or delete

v. 9.2.1628 (a307a94}) three days ago eM client stopped deleting or emptying the trash folder. Trash folder is empty on ISP’s host email system. I have tried the repair option with no results. I have done the delete and reinstall of eM client with no results. I have shut the system down with eM client active, but on restart, it doesn’t do any checks for corrupted files. eM client will delete today’s emails from the trash folder, but won’t do any prior to today. Is the trash folder stored locally on this computer and can it just be manually deleted in File Explorer. W11 system at v.22H2 bld. 22621.1413.

jueves 23 marzo 2023 :: 1908hrs (UTC +0100)

Hey @jfrye

There is a more recent version of eMC

www.emclient.com/dist/latest/setup.msi

It might be worth a try…

skybat

¡Los mejores deseos desde Valencia y mantente a salvo!

[email protected]

Hablo español, luego portugués, inglés, francés y alemán
con conocimiento de varios otros idiomas.

Did the download and install of v. 9.2.1713 and restarted eM client with no change to the problem. Oddly enough, when I had the app. check for updates before, it came back with it being up to date. Still can not delete items from the trash folder unless they are dated today. Emails from Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday are shown, but can’t be deleted, nor emptied. Thanks for the suggestion.

Please close eM Client and open a Windows Command Prompt. Not a powershell, but a command prompt.

Paste in this command: (including the leading ")
"C:\Program Files (x86)\eM Client\MailClient.exe" /dbrepair

When that is done, start eM Client.

That worked. Many thanks. Tried this before, but didn’t include the leading ". My Bad.

1 Like