Trash Bin not working right

I have over 20 emails in my trash bin that won’t empty or open, can’t get rid of them, don’t know if anyone can help.

That usually means your database needs repairing which should then fix it.

(To repair the eM Client database manually for Windows)

Close eM Client and then “open a Windows Command Prompt”, Not a Powershell. Then paste and run the following command:

“C:\Program Files (x86)\eM Client\MailClient.exe” /dbrepair

(To repair the eM Client database manually for Mac)

Close eM Client and then “open the Terminal app via either Launchpad or Utilities” on the Mac. Then paste and run the following command.

/Applications/eM\ Client.app/Contents/MacOS/eM\ Client /dbrepair

Thanks, I tried that and got a not valid command.

Thanks, I tried that and got a not valid command

Do you have Windows or Mac ?

One reason may be because @cyberzork used smart quotes in his command above, so if you copied it from there it won’t work.

Try:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\eM Client\MailClient.exe" /dbrepair

1 Like

Thank You That worked this time track bin is empty now again thanks Gary!!!
Jose

I have Windows 10 pro but it is now fixed Gary sent me another command and it worked but thank again Jose

Emails that cannot be deleted are still displayed in the trash. I use seznam.cz, there is nothing in the trash on the server, but the em client somehow does not want to synchronize. I delete new emails from the trash, but there are still older ones that are not deleted. Is there any procedure for this?
I would like to point out that receiving and sending mail works absolutely reliably.

@dussed

Emails that cannot be deleted are still displayed in the trash. I use seznam.cz, there is nothing in the trash on the server, but the em client somehow does not want to synchronize. I delete new emails from the trash, but there are still older ones that are not deleted.

As the deleted emails “are not showing in your Trash folder online”, then sounds like a local database problem.

Have to tried running the above commands in the thread above to force the database repair ?