Transfer to new pc

Help! I’ve been trying for 3 days to transfer my eMC to a new laptop. Followed all the instructions, transferred the complete backup from external hard drive to new laptop, but when going through the “restoring” process, keep getting the message: “Selected folder does not contain any backup files. Please select another location”. I’ve tried leaving the files both zipped and unzipped, and have tried, separately, moving the backup folder to Documents, and to c:users/rse/appdata/roaming/eM Client. I’ve now deleted and retried 4 times, and am close to giving up, especially as, when I access “documents” directly from “This PC”, the Backup folder and ALL its files are actually there!

martes 30 noviembre 2021 :: 2109hrs (UTC +01:00)

Hi @rse

OK let me see if I can help you.
I assume from what you say that you have a backup file from your previous computer.
Now open eMC skip setup etc and go to:
Menu ->Settings ->General ->Backup ->Target Directory ->Now for the purpose of getting you going choose Desktop ->Apply & OK ->Make certain the backup zipfile is there.(you can change the target directory later)
NOW: Menu ->File ->Restore ->Follow on screen instructions

If this does not work because of what you have done previously, completely uninstall eMC and reinstall, skipping setup accounts etc as the backup will do all this for you. Then carry out above again.

Hope this helps.

¡Saludos desde la soleada Sevilla en España!
¡Mis mejores deseos y mantente a salvo!

Skybat
[email protected]

Hablo español, luego portugués e inglés, con conocimiento de varios otros idiomas.

Thanks for your reply. Finally got the transfer to work - not quite sure how! - but I followed your advice 3 times - on third go it worked! thank you.
Saludos desde la lluviosa Inglaterra!